Audio level overlay player / Stand by player bug?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Michiel Bouwmeester
Audio level overlay player / Stand by player bug?

Post by Michiel Bouwmeester »

Hi Bernd,

I have 2 questions:

Is it possible to set the standard output level for the overlay player ?
I have found settings for all but the overlay player.
The news I play with it is very loud and I like to take it back a bit.

Second: I have set the standby players to use "CRD Out" as the default mixer output channel.
However, when I change the size of the player to small the output channel gets reset to "DJ A" channel.
Is this a bug or a feature ? :)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Audio level overlay player / Stand by player bug?

Post by radio42 »

to 1) No, currently there is no such option, but I might add it to the next release.
However, you can adjust the Overlay Players output volume by clicking on the PeakLevel-Meter display (which opens the volume control of the player) - but it is currently not persisted between two restarts.

to 2) How have you defined the 'routing' of the Standby-Player - as I tried it here (and defined the routing in the general settings, section Routing) and here it is not changed when you change the standby player size. Also looking to the code I can not see any chance why the size should change the routing.
Have you maybe defined any control-commands by which you accedentially change the routing manually?
Michiel Bouwmeester

Post by Michiel Bouwmeester »

Ok Bernd, clear on 1.

i am trying to recreate the 2nd problem and it wont, of course that is good... but I was sure it happened multiple times after resizing.... However I have now redone the routing, restarted PorppFrexx.. and all seems to works as intended.. May be I am just going crazy :roll:

P.s. the work on the Qcon midi panel is going great, when it is ready i'll send you some info. Might be usable for others too ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The new v3.0.11.28 contains the initial output volume option also for th Overlay-Player.
See here for details: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=681