Understanding Voice Tracking And Overlays for voice overs

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bebo_saed
Understanding Voice Tracking And Overlays for voice overs

Post by bebo_saed »

Hi Bernd,

First Happy Holidays, i've some questions about the voice tracking different techniques in PFOA, i'm aware of every option i have for putting a voice over a track by the PFL Player, Segue Editor, overlay Scheduler and the Voice tracking itself.

i've some voice tracks that i want to apply on my AIR that i want to shre with you to help me to choose the suitable way to execute it.

1- i want to set a voice track file to be played in an particular time in day by using the overlay scheduler that i will set it to a particular time with soft start while unchecking the pause script option, that will make the overlay be like a bridge between the current and the next song, what i want that if the current song or the next song is a jingle to suspend the overlay as the jingle finishes and to wait to be played between the next to songs as i mentioned, how could that be done?

2- i have some artists drops i want to play before an artists's song start, how to make the program to search the playlist for a song that i had an artist drop for it and play it just before the song starts with out making it manually for each song?

Thanks In Advance...
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Understanding Voice Tracking And Overlays for voice over

Post by radio42 »

to 1):
You might set the 'SupressOverlay' option (flag) with all your related Jingles tracks.
When this flag is set on a track and an Overlay is about to start with the 'Soft' start type, this track will not be considered and the overlay will be delayed til the next track.
Note, that you might also set the 'SupressOverlay' option with a particular Script-Line option!
However, this option only applies to the current playlist track - meaning a next track is not considered and as such the overlay is not delayed.

Alternatively you might use the 'Supress Filter' with Overlays (see general settings, section 'Scripts/Scheduler'):
Here you can select all the media entry types which should be ejected/supressed within the current playlist when an overlay is about to start.
This allows you to prevent, that these media types are played either directly before or after the overlay.
Note: This function is only in effect, if an Overlay has the 'ApplySupressFilter' option set!
This option really ejects/suppresses those media entry types, so they will not be played if defined and when the overlay is being played.
But I guess in your case this is exactly what you are looking for?!

And as a 3rd option you might also use the 'Automatic Track-Insert Transition' feature (instead of using Overlays at all).
This option can be found in the general settings, section ‘Mixing/Fading’ by clicking on the ‘Mixing per Media Type…’ button.
For each media entry type you might define an 'Automatic Track-Insert Transition' type:
Use this setting to automatically convert a specific media entry type (e.g. Jingle) into a track-insert event - which starts/ends at the defined position of the previous resp. next track (incl. automatic attenuation if needed).
However, the 'Automatic Track-Insert Transition' will be used for ANY track having this specific media entry type set - meaning it is not specific per individual track within a playlist.

to 2):
ProppFrexx comes with a feature called 'Station Voice Files' - see here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38
Is this what you are looking for?