Playlist Rules

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bebo_saed
Playlist Rules

Post by bebo_saed »

Hello Bernd,

we had a little discussion before about the playlist rules for what is considered to song, artist and album rules in the playlist,

we did agree that if PFOA didn't find any song that comply the rules it will start playing from the old songs that have been played breaking the rules by that and you told me that will be better than having a dead Air segments,

but what if i want to strict those rules, how can i make proppfrexx apply this rules without any exceptions, and if it didn't find a song that apply the rule in a line it just skip that line, is that possible??

Thanks in Advance...
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Playlist Rules

Post by radio42 »

I guess with 'rules' you are either referring to the "Global Song History" check or the "Filter" rule assigned to a script-line.

Both work differently:
a) if a "Filter" rule can not be satisfied for a certain script-line; this script-line is skipped

b) if the "Global Song History" check can never be satisfied for a certain script-line, this currently returns the last found track anyway.
This will effectively be changed with the next version when using the 'ForceLibraryHistoryCheck' option, if set, it skips this script-line (instead of taking the last found track).
However, this might lead to 'dead' Air segments, as if no script-line satisfies the history check and all lines are skipped, no new tracks could be scheduled anymore!

Here is the effective descision table of the related flags for the next version:

Code: Select all

SCRIPT-LINE OPTION                 ||               INTERNAL ACTION
-----------------------------------------------++---------------------------------------------
                    |                          ||   Perform     |    Global     |  Skip Line
SupressHistoryCheck | ForceLibraryHistoryCheck || Library Check | History Check | if not found
--------------------+--------------------------++---------------+---------------+-------------
      not set       |         not set          ||      yes      |      yes      |     no      
        set         |         not set          ||      no       |      no       |     no      
      not set       |           set            ||      yes      |      yes      |     yes     
        set         |           set            ||      yes      |      no       |     no      
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Thanks Brend for you reply,

i got what you aim to in the Filter options, and i would like to make PFOA skip the lines instead of taking the last found one, but i have more than 100 lines in my daily scripts and editing those line one by one will be very hard and not time efficient plus there is some options i didn't found in my script i only found "ForceLibraryHistoryCheck", First where can i find the other options to check it, second is there a global option that i can do to force the skip line option to all scripts?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

"SupressHistoryCheck" and "ForceLibraryHistoryCheck" are both available as a script-line option!
"Perform Library Check", "Global History Check" and "Skip Line if not found" are internal actions being carried out depending on the two options being set or not.
The internal "Skip Line if not found" actions actually means 'Skip the current script-line, if the global history check fails for any track checked with that media lib'.
Example:
If you have a script-line: "Random, from MediaLib A, Count=1 (Options = ForceLibraryHistoryCheck)"
That script-line tries to retrieve a track from the media librray A and validates/matches that against the global history - but in case EVERY track from A does match a global history entry the 'ForceLibraryHistoryCheck' option now skips that line.

However, I am affraid, that there will be no global flag to generally 'skip a line', if it fails the history check.
As mentioned above, setting such a flag might lead to 'dead' air time, e.g. if ALL script-lines fail the global history check.
As such it will be an explicit option which needs to be set with each relevant script-line manually.
And if set, you need to know what you are doing and I would NEVER suggest to set such an option for ALL script-lines!
Otherwise customers might complain: "...my script is not doing anything anymore and doesn't schedule new tracks...why is this?"
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Thanks for you reply,

i have no problem to set the flag forcelibrarycheck on all the script lines as i did construct my lines in a way that it takes files from different media libraries and i make sure daily that those libraries has variety in artists, albums and songs enough for the script duration so what i want to do that to guarantee that there will be no artist duplicates in a short time, i would like if there is a global flag for the force library check but i setting it manually will be hard but wil do the job, thanks bernd for your help and support :)
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Hello Bernd

I've made all the flags for my script lines to ForceLibraryHistoryCheck and also i still suffer from duplicates no skipping for lines happens, am i missing something here?

Thanks...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, the important note above saying, that I'll change this behaviour as explained above in the NEXT version!