Voice Tracking Markers

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bebo_saed
Voice Tracking Markers

Post by bebo_saed »

Hi Bernd,

I had an option in mind that i wish that it's included in PFOA, for the voice tracking option, can i pre-set the voice tracking time in an playlist and it appears marked so that the DJ only comes and see that mark and just record and place his voice track with the voice tracking window?

i want to generate playlist template wizard with an script which marked the places to put the voice track automatically and i wish that there be a window some where that all voice track segments appear and tagged so that the DJ just click on line and the voice track window opens to record his voice in that segment, not to scroll in the playlist to look for the markers, i wish that you help me looking for this option..

Thanks In Advance...
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Voice Tracking Markers

Post by radio42 »

Yes, such thing is (amlost) possible today.
You might use a so called 'Placeholder' (even possible to create/schedule them from within a script).
A placeholder is a dummy entry within the playlist to which a certain time (duration) might be assigned.
During AutoPlay such placeholder are simply skipped and not played - but they might be uses as 'markers'.

However, I currently don't treat them automatically during Voice Tracking - but I actually had the same idea you described already in mind and on my ToDo list ;-)
So today you must select the 'generalted' placeholder entries - delete them - and manually insert a VT if wanted.
In the future I thought, that an automatic VT-Mode will automatically find these placeholders and directly replace them by an manual recorded track.
However, that estimated/desired length of a given placeholder is in any case only a slight hint - since any effective VT will typically overlap with the previous/next track.

So you might expect you feature wish in on of the next releases.
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Just another thing, when you're thinking about redesigning the voice-track module. I noticed that when using the local cardwall, after saving a done voicetrack and going to the next segue, the local cardwall disappears. I don't know if this happens on purpose, but in my idea it might be better to let the local cardwall stay, so it can be used during the next voice track. It only blocks some information which a normal user don't tend to change when voicetracking ?

Second, is it possible to (just as in the normal players) zoom in to the last 10 seconds of the song, in order to have a better view on how the song ends ?

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sure, I'll take a look at that too!
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Thanks, Bernd for you response, i'm sure that place holders will do the job for now, waiting for your updated version for VT and i'm sure that it will be perfect as always.

Thank You
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

If it does help that video shows a great model for the voice tracking i wish that it be in PFOA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8ryr67X8DY just knowing the places of the voice tracks needed and firing them of, hope that it helps :)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just added to v3.0.11.32 ;-)
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd

Just tried the new update and the new options in the voice tracking-module. Works like a charm !
Also, still impressed with your quick response to all our questions/suggestions, very nice work. Would like to have such support in my professional live (at a major radio/tv-station....)

Kind regards,

André