Conditions for automatic random insert of jingles in scripts

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
andrerotgans
Conditions for automatic random insert of jingles in scripts

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi,

Is it possible in the current release of Proppfrexx to add conditions to the automatic insertion of jingles in scripts ? In my test-setup I use random jingles for jingles and random advertisements for promo-spots (as I use overlay for advertisement only)
Sometimes a jingle is inserted right after another element i.e a promo. Or, just after an overlay (which has a closing element of itself)

So, a condition like 'don't insert after....' would be usefull to avoid those situations.

If it's not possible right now, maybe something for the wish-list ?

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Conditions for automatic random insert of jingles in scr

Post by radio42 »

Just one side question regarding your request. When you say: So, 50% of the problem solved...

I assume you are using the Auto-'Advertising/Jingle' option of the 'Script Settings' and you do NOT schedule Jingles or Adverts via individual script-lines!
So the only reason when a Jingle might be added after an Advert is actually because of doing so.
E.g. you defined something like this:
Advertising: Promo-Lib, Range 3-7, Count 1, Random
Jingles: Jingle-Lib, Range 4-8, Count 1, Random
As such both Advertising and Jingles are scheduled in addition to the regular script-line.
It might now happen, that an Auto-Jingle is added right after an Auto-Advertising - since the dynamic range used might allow this.
Or because you are using some script-lines, which also schedule certain Jingle/Advert tracks in addition and as such the Auto-Jingle/Advertising stuff schedules an additional Jingle/Advert.

One way to avoid this today is to e.g. only schedule tracks via script-lines! As then you can exactly control the order in which certain tracks are scheduled.

However, the idea I have in mind for a future version is, that you can define so called Script-Rules (which is a set/list of individual script-rules).
A script-rule defines a condition for the last scheduled track and for the next scheduled track. If both conditions are met the next scheduled track can either be supressed or deferred.
E.g. something like this:
- If the last scheduled track is of media type 'Jingle', defer the next tack, if this is of media type 'Advertising'.
- If the last scheduled track is of media type 'Advertising', supress the next tack, if this is of media type 'Jingle' or 'Advertising'.

These rules would then apply to both regular script lines as well as Auto-Jingles/Advertising and are script specific.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Currently there is no condition option available for individual script-line entries - but I am planning to add those in the next release.

However, maybe the 'Overlay Supress-Filter' might already help you out:
The general settings dialogs (section Scripts/Scheduler) contains a 'Supress Filter' option for the Overlay Management.
Here you can select all the event types which should be ejected/supressed within the current playlist when an overlay is about to start.
This allows you to prevent, that these media types are played either directly before or after the overlay.
Note: This function is only in effect, if an Overlay has the 'ApplySupressFilter' option set (which is an option in the Overlay Editor) as well as the 'Suspend Program' setting!
If enabled the Overlay-Player will eject any track matching the defined supress filter media types which are currently loaded to any (not playing) DJ Players. This effectively happens two times:
a) once the Overlay is shown (and waiting) - to eject upcomming tracks before the overlay starts to play
b) once the Overlay started its playout - to eject subsequent tracks following the overlay playout
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

That will do for the elements following a commercial-overlay (or local news-overlay, for that matter). If it would be possible to add such an option in the future for the jingles, that would be nice.

So, 50% of the problem solved !

Kind regards,

André
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

With the 50% solved I meant the part of the jingle/promo scheduled just after an overlay. I used the surpress function and that helped.

Regarding the part of the scripts, I use it exactly the way you describe it in your post. I use the auto-option and no script-lines for jingles and promo-elements because it will random add it to the playlist. I've tried script-lines but I prefer the random touch. The playlist became a little bit predictable ('this is song 3, so there comes the promo !!')

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I agree and I am just about to implement the script rules feature, which will be ready soon!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just added to the new v3.0.11.34!