Where to put gender (sexe), hour opener, christmas song, etc

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
gerrit
Where to put gender (sexe), hour opener, christmas song, etc

Post by gerrit »

Where to put gender (sexe), hour opener, christmas song, summer and that kind of stuff in the tag? So you can use it in the script for scheduling.
Maybe in Comment, but how about the script? Comment must contain: male, hour opener.....
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Where to put gender (sexe), hour opener, christmas song,

Post by radio42 »

You might use any of the available meta data fields, like Media Type, Grouping, Mood, Genre, Rating, Comment...
I guess some might be Genre in your case (e.g. Christmas Song), some might be Media Type (e.g. Opener), some into Mood (e.g. Summer), and yes, others might be placed into the Comment field (gender).
And yes, you might for example use the "Is any of", "Contains", "Does not contain" filter criterias within scripts for any of the available meta data fields.
So maybe I don't fully get the question.

And not to forget one of the most obvious possibilities: for others you might simply create an individual and dedicated media library (e.g. Top of the Hour, Jingles, Spot-Breaks, etc.).
gerrit

Post by gerrit »

Dear Bernd,

thanks for your reply. My problem was gender and sub genre.
Sub genre I can put in Grouping.
Example: 80s, Dance. Gives Genre: 80s and Grouping Dance
Some other automation software I used had the possibility of more genres and a gender section.

Thanks once more
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx also supports more than one Genre.
Genre is actually a List of Genres. Multiple values can simply be separated by ";" (semicolon) or "/"!

Here is a list of the meta data attributes, which support storing multiple values (a List of values) in the same manner (separated by ";" or "/"):
- Artist
- AlbumArtist
- Composer
- Genre
gerrit

Post by gerrit »

This works!
(In other automation you can select by clicking 1 or 2 or more genres by list but indeed by typing with ; or / also works)