commercials with 'tag-on'

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
andrerotgans
commercials with 'tag-on'

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi All,

In the Netherlands it is common use that commercials for certain campaigns may have a 'tag-on'. This means that in addition to the main spot there is a short 'reminder' which is also broadcasted in the same spotbreak. I.e :

- Opener
- Spot 1, KLM (20sec)
- Seperator
- Spot 2, Shell (20sec)
- Seperator
- Spot 3 and so on....
- Seperator
- KLM Tag-on, 5 seconds ("go to KLM.NL for all our actions !")
- Closer

A Tag-on is coupled to a main spot and normally they are placed as far separate as possible within the spotbreak. A spotbreak may have more than one tag-on spot.

I don't see a way to do this 'automatically' in Proppfrexx. It is possible to manually plan (or edit, for that matter) a spot break to do this, but it would be very nice to have an option for this kind of campaign when using the Dynamic Overlay Assingment option of the Advert Management application. Anyone had this at hand ? Or is this way of planning spots only used in the Netherlands ? (I doubt-it, because Dutch radio tend to copy most things from abroad...)

Maybe something for the wishlist ?

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin
Re: commercials with 'tag-on'

Post by radio42 »

Isn't that the same as the 'Closer'?
Note, that you might define a 'Slot-Closer' as well as a 'Campaign-Closer' track.
So the full sequence would be:
- Slot-Opener
- Campain1-Opener
- Campain1-Track1
- Campain1-Track2
- Campain1-Closer
- Slot-Separator
- Campain2-Opener
- Campain2-Track1
- Campain2-Closer
- Slot-Separator
- CampainN-Closer
- Slot-Closer

So I am not sure, if your 'Tag-On' is more a slot or more a campaign related 'closer'.

So you could either define related campaign and/or slot closers or you might use a 'dummy' campaign with a real low priority, so that it is always scheduled to end.
In addition, if the 'Tag-On' should realy always be played together with a closer - you might simply create a related slot/campaign closer track (which is a single audio file combining your 'tag-on' anouncement and the effective spot-break closer jingle).

Or am I missing something?
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

As far as I can see it it's not the same as a campaign closer track. Yes, the tag-on is part of the campaign. The campaign consists out of a main spot and a tag-on spot. However, as I see it, a campaing close is attached to the end of that campaign in a sequence, just like you mentioned above.

In our case the tag-on spot should be in the same slot as the main spot, but they should not be adjacent to each other. they should be as a far away from each other as possible

So :

-Slot-opener
-Campaign 1 spot
-Slot Seperator
-Campaign 2 spot
-Slot Seperator
-Campaign 3 spot
-Slot Seperator
-Campaign 4 spot
-Slot Seperator
-Campaign 1 TAG ON spot
-Slot Seperator
-Campaign 2 TAG ON spot
- Slot-closer

You see the difference ? (Not every spot has a tag-on spot, it's optional)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Now I got you ;-)
Yes, I guess adding an additional finalizer 'Tag-On' track to a campaign shouldn't be a real issue!
As such the campaign would get the following additional audio files (beside the effective advert tracks):
- Campaign-Opener (already existing)
- Campaign-Closer (already existing)
- Campaign-Finalizer (TagOn, new)

Guess that can be quickly added...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just added to the new v3.0.11.34!