Dedicated hardware Control Surface for OnAir (Daw)

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Gary Mac
Dedicated hardware Control Surface for OnAir (Daw)

Post by Gary Mac »

You may consider this request for the long term future but I am going to suggest it anyway because I think it's a great idea: . . . . .

Bernd: What about striking up a relationship with a DAW manufacturer to produce a; Hardware Control Surface Interface specially for OnAir?

(Numark usually take on such stuff as they did for Virtual DJ)

You may consider the size of your customer base (and I don't know what that is) when looking at the feasibility of this suggestion.
If your answer to that maybe: there is not enough OnAir user in circulation to warrant it yet, then maybe when there is more, it could be something to look at?

At the moment, your web prescience regarding this product does not appear to be strong on Google searches.
What I mean is that, if you google something like 'Radio Playout Systems' etc, Google is not grabbing your product. That of course is a big shame
because all of your customers in here (including myself) knows that OnAir beats all the other systems. Even many of the so called pro systems that cost
much more money. I am sure there are radio station user: streaming and air broadcast, that are screaming out for a product like OnAir but they don't know
about it.

In the meantime, can you suggest a really usable Control Surface Interface that you deem OnAir friendly that I could purchase to get by.
Primarily, I only require a Control Surface Interface to have assignable volumes, be able to turn mics on and off, start and stop the 3 players I use within OnAir, just to aid
natural DJ'ing rather than using it all mouse click :)

I use OnAir mainly as a tool to work with the disabled and visualy impaired teaching them broadcast.

Your thoughts would be most welcome Bernd.
percramer
Re: Dedicated hardware Control Surface for OnAir (Daw)

Post by percramer »

Hi,

ans what price range would you be thinking about? We have got a radio fader panel (with a lot of optional functions) which can control Pf through a ethernet interface. The code is all there for controlling Pf, but we didn't got it totally finished yet due to the lack of time.

Regards,

Per
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I guess Per Cramer's hardware is excellent!

Else you might use any standard MIDI controller there are so many out there, that it is hard to recommend one.
Gary Mac

Post by Gary Mac »

Hi Percramer

This sounds promising.

Where can get more information on your panel and how much is it?

We are a charity based teaching facility for disabled broadcasting students, I can check funds if
I have an idea of the cost :)

Please get in touch.

Bernd what do you usually use?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, there are so many, e.g.
- Icon Qcon
- Mackie
- Behringer
- Zoom
- Akai
- Novation
- Livid
- Yamaha
There is no special hardware I am suggesting, as every environment and setup is different!