Recording of two radioshows is going wrong

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
XTended
Recording of two radioshows is going wrong

Post by XTended »

screenshot_program_control_commands.png
screenshot_program_control_commands.png (227.7 KiB) Viewed 6385 times
Hi Bernd,

Since we use ProppFrexx we can't record two or more radioshows which follow each other.
For example: radioshow 1 starts at 19.00-21.00h and radioshow 2 starts at 21.00-23.00h. We like to record both shows for our public so they can be listened it back.

When you go to http://www.radioaaenhunze.com/index.php ... en/vrijdag you can see below two shows with date 2013-11-22. First show is complete (2 hours), but the second only recorded 01:07 minutes...

Attached you will find a screenshot of the encoding/recording settings and a screenshot of the program command settings (I use the same command settings for the second show).

What goes wrong in my settings?

Regards,
Bert Koning
XTended
Re: Recording of two radioshows is going wrong

Post by XTended »

Attached the other screenshot of the encoding / recording settings.
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

Hi,

I have managed this with Placeholders at the script at the end of a show with the control command stop rec and start rec is defined at the on program started field. Perhaps this might help you.
XTended

Post by XTended »

meisterpropper wrote:Hi,

I have managed this with Placeholders at the script at the end of a show with the control command stop rec and start rec is defined at the on program started field. Perhaps this might help you.
Thanks for your reply; can you send me a screencapture of these settings?
And did you program two shows like - for example 18.00-18.59h (show 1) and 19.00-19.59h (show 2)?
Because now I programmed it as 18.00-19.00h and 19.00-20.00h.

Regards,
Bert Koning
XTended

Post by XTended »

radio42 wrote:To make it even more simple: Simply remove the MIXER_INPUT_REC_OFF command from the 'On Program Stopping' event.
A new MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON command in any case always stops any previous recording.
As such, only the last program within your sequence would need a REC_OFF command.

Or as an alternative you might also move your MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON command to the 'On Program Started' event.
The reason in your case is, that the sequence in which the events are triggered is overlapping:
1. 1st Program - On Program Starting
2. 1st Program - On Program Started (no program is running so far, that why no stop commands are issued)
3. 2nd Program - On Program Starting
4. 1st Program - On Program Stopping
5. 1st Program - On Program Stopped
6. 2nd Program - On Program Started
Note: The order for 5. and 6. is not guaranteed and might theoretically be swapped.
Anyhow you are using just the Starting and Stopping event and from the above sequence you can see, that the Stopping event always comes after the Starting event...and as a result your recording will finally be stopped...so moving your MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON command to the 'On Program Started' event will ensure the correct sequence.
Thanks! I will test it tonight for the new live shows.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

To make it even more simple: Simply remove the MIXER_INPUT_REC_OFF command from the 'On Program Stopping' event.
A new MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON command in any case always stops any previous recording.
As such, only the last program within your sequence would need a REC_OFF command.

Or as an alternative you might also move your MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON command to the 'On Program Started' event.
The reason in your case is, that the sequence in which the events are triggered is overlapping:
1. 1st Program - On Program Starting
2. 1st Program - On Program Started (no program is running so far, that why no stop commands are issued)
3. 2nd Program - On Program Starting
4. 1st Program - On Program Stopping
5. 1st Program - On Program Stopped
6. 2nd Program - On Program Started
Note: The order for 5. and 6. is not guaranteed and might theoretically be swapped.
Anyhow you are using just the Starting and Stopping event and from the above sequence you can see, that the Stopping event always comes after the Starting event...and as a result your recording will finally be stopped...so moving your MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON command to the 'On Program Started' event will ensure the correct sequence.
XTended

Post by XTended »

Thanks!!
Everything works good now: finally people can listen back the shows.