News Categories -> Auto Watch

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
andrerotgans
News Categories -> Auto Watch

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

I'm experimenting with the new news-option in de advertising news management module. At the moment I'm using a script and a normal library for the local news bulletin. That library is set to Auto Watch, in order to automatically update the library when newsreaders to upload or remove audiofiles in a folder. That way it's an easy way for them to refresh the content of the news bulletin.

When experimenting with the news management module I don't seem to see a Auto Watch option. However, if I place new files in the specified folder and edit the category from within the module, I can see them in the list of assigned tracks. Does this mean that the categorie is automatically auto watched, or is it only refreshed when you open the management module ?

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin
Re: News Categories -> Auto Watch

Post by radio42 »

The NEWS are being reloaded by ProppFrexx OnAir whenever the AdvertLibrary is being reload, which is either automatically:
- at startup or every day at around 23:45h
- or manually when clicking the resp. "Reload Advertising & Overlays" ribbon menu in the Scheduler tab or manually via a control-command.

Within the Advert Manager itself the AdvertLibrary is reload whenever you open it again - which is irrelevant for the playout within ProppFrexx OnAir!

As such: No there is no AutoWatch feature for News...but it is automatically reloaded ever day!
andrerotgans
Re: News Categories -> Auto Watch

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the explanation, I'll add a command control to reload at the beginning of several hours to reload it as once a day might just be to long.

André