General questions

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
hdradio
General questions

Post by hdradio »

1. When I PFL a file and click END it goes back 10 seconds. Can this value be adjusted to 5 secs for example ?
2. On Scheduler I set Day view and set 7 days to show. Then I click on Day button and select a day. Then I click again "Day view" and it shows only one day but it should display 7 days instead. What I need is to see the next week schedules without having to move forward day by day.
3. Is there a way to find what song has played at specific time ? For example someone calls and asks what song was on air at 7:15am at 2/1/2014.
4. If I setup and overlay and a commercial at the same time what will play first ?
5. I need to have a second pc with exact same settings for backup if something goes wrong. Currently I have a pc that it's in hibernate mode, wakes up at 5am, copies all the changed files from main pc and hibernates again. What files do I need to copy in pf ?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: General questions

Post by radio42 »

to 1.:
When monitoring the end of a track within the PFL Player it is actually the last 'Zoom Distance' seconds which are used.
You can define the 'ZoomDistance' of the PFL Player in the general settings, section 'Player Settings'. But note, that this setting is also used for other things, like defining the actual default zoom distance.

to 2.:
I guess you mean when selecting a single day out of the calendar popup window? However, I guess that is indeed a bit unlogic and will be changed in the next version.

to 3.:
You can use the 'Playback History' - see the 'Tools' ribbon tab and click on 'Playback History'.
The Playback History size can be configured in the general settings, section 'More Stuff'.
If it was an even older track, you can also use the 'Playlist Log-File' - see the 'Tools' ribbon tab and click on 'Show Log-Files...'.

to 4.:
What do you mean by "setup and overlay and a commercial at the same time"?
A commercial is also being scheduled via an overlay. There should aways be only one overlay at a time.
However, if two overlays are almost scheduled at the same time they might be combined as a parallel overlay (being played one after the other).
See general settings, section 'Scripts/Scheduler' - 'Combine Parallel Overlays'.

to 5.:
In general all configuration files contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder, as well as all your files related to your scheduler (the .calendar file), your script files (.pfs) as well as all your media libs and audio tracks.
But note, that your PCs must be really identical otherwise you might get in trouble with your mixer and routing setup (soundcards) as well as your paths and folders.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

About question 4.
I am trying to schedule a script (Time Announce + Station ID) every half an hour.
Also the Commercial manager has created overlays every 30 minutes. So some overlays are scheduled at the same time (XX:00 and XX:30). So, those times what will play first ? (and how can I change that order ?)
By the way.... Now I need to play ads every half an hour. What if next month I decide to play every 20 minutes ? Do I have to delete all the other slots and overlays and run advertising pattern wizard again ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If two or more overlays are defined at exactly the same time, it is not defined which comes first - their order is in that case random.
You need to start them at different times (at least one second difference in the start time) - as such it is only the start time which defines the order: first come first.

If you change your times, you need to redefine the overlays yes, of course.
You might keep some of your slots (if wanted), but the overlay scheduler entries needs to be changed, yes.