song preview

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
workino
song preview

Post by workino »

Hello Bernd,
i just trying to find a good way to make a "automatic jingle"

What i would like to do is to have an annouce (you can listen )+ 10 sec of a random song + (and) + 10 sec of a random song + .....

What is the best way to does it? (i just tryed eith a script but i can't figure out how tell to the script to play a random song from sec 30 or IN to +10 sec
radio42
Site Admin
Re: song preview

Post by radio42 »

Today this will only be 'half automatic'.
You can not specify a range within a track to play (like play from position 00:10 til position 00:17).
But you might define 'Hook' cue-points for your tracks!
What is a HOOK?
A hook is a prominent part of a track you might want to use for the scenario you just describe - advert that song.
Within ProppFrexx you can define these HOOK cue points. E.g. use the TAG Editor or the PFL Player.
E.g. in the PFL Player click on the 'HOOK' button to toggle between the regular and the hook cue points.
When switched to the hook cue points - define them just like the regular once.
E.g. select a 'CueIn' point where your song should start playing (when in hook mode), a 'CueOut' point where it ends etc.

Let's now assume all your tracks would have such HOOK cue points...

You can then specify within your script the 'UseHookCuePoints' script-line option. As such instead of using the standard cue-points, the hook-cue-points are used and the tracks might only play for that defined hook times...