mixer / fading settings

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Michel67
mixer / fading settings

Post by Michel67 »

I have the impression that a change in the mixer / fading settings only take effect after a restart?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: mixer / fading settings

Post by radio42 »

I don’t think so, but what exact setting or option are you referring to, which are not working in your case?!
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

the ACPD settings
mfpf.PNG
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here these work as expected. But you should note, that ACPD only works on tracks for which no cue-points have yet been defined!
It might also be, that you have already defined a mixer setting per media type. Once you defined a mixer setting per media type, the default mixer setting as in your screenshot will not be used anymore.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

I was fully aware of the settings (also setting per by media type) but where I also changed something there was nothing to notice. After a restart it is automatically resolved. Now I wonder if I can remove the ACPD (if present) from existing MP3s at the same time.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is no ACPD on any audio files. Audio Files only contain cue points or don’t contain cue points.
You can remove existing cue points from one or more files by putting it or them into playlist window (or even open an entire media lib as a playlist), mark them and then right-click and select the ‘Remove All Cue-Points’ Menü from the MetaData Menu. After please also select the save to MetaData TAG option, so that it is persistently save to the audio file.

ACPD means Automatic Cue Point Detection.
This means, when an audio file does NOT contain any cue points, then and only then are these calculated based on the ACPD settings.
If an audio file already contains cue point, then ACPD does not apply anymore.

When using/queuing tracks from a script, there are even respective script-line options to eg. clear all cue-points or force the ACPD calculation options.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe you discovered the following:
Your audio files do not contain any cue-points.
As such, the first time an audio file from a lib is used, the ACPD is applied.
However, ProppFrexx keeps all meta data for all media lib related audio tracks within memory and cue-points are part of it.
Ie. when you now change some ACPD settings, they would only apply to files not having any cue-points. As such, the tracks already used are not considered again.
If that is the case you can simply clear the cue-points and do the calculation again as explained above (no need to save the TAG data persistently in that case).
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

ok, thanks for this clear explanation.