Auto delete news by specific time.

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
terraradio
Auto delete news by specific time.

Post by terraradio »

Some of our news runs out after a specific hour. After this time, we need to delete them manually. Is it possible to add an automatic feature - the validity of audio recording (news) up to date / time? There is not enough age in the days. It would be useful to have value in hours.
And we would like to add the "play counter" option to customize the player columns.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Auto delete news by specific time.

Post by radio42 »

Can you be a bit more precise where exactly you want/wish to add:
a) I assume you mean the News Category -> Max. Age value (which is currently given in days)
b) to where do you want to add the 'play counter' ?

for a): Note, that there is typically no need to delete News, even if they expire after a specific hour, as you typically anyhow use a News commands like this:
News 9:30|1|0 (format is: <news category>|<max count>|< max duration>)
This means, that regardless only 1 News item (audio track) is picked. And it is always ensured, that from the list of available news tracks (which might be more than one in your news folder) only the latest (youngest) is being picked.
E.g. you might have more (older) entries is your news folder but this list is always sorted by the LastWriteDate of each file.

for b): If you mean the ProppFrexx ONAIR Playlist windows, this is already possible.
Make sure the 'Column Header Bands' are visible (right-click, Miscellaneous) and then open the Columns Chooser, switch to the Bands tab and select the Statistics band.
See here for details: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2015
terraradio

Post by terraradio »

Thanks for the reply!
a) In the news folder we have more than one news. These are expired in group with maximum age established by category. We want to selectively expire one but not all of the news.
b) I refer to Play Counter statistics, which was possible to make visible in earlier versions. In explorer is available, but in player window does not.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

to a) on what logic?
If it is purely the age, why wouldn't the proposed solution work for you?

to b) what is the player window? I guess you mean the playlist windows in ProppFrexx ONAIR?!
If yes, please read my post above to make it visible.
terraradio

Post by terraradio »

a) Our news is scheduled with repetition every 2 hours. We have news categories that include 2 or more entries. If the expiration age is set to 1 they will all expire the next day and will not be loaded anymore. But we want to be able to expire a specific record at a certain hour of the day after it was loaded, not at the end of the day.
b) Yes, it's about ProppFrexx ONAIR Playlist windows. We have a 'Column Header Bands' visible but I do not have it available to be selected and added to the window (this PLAY COUNTER). I'm just referring to this missing element, the rest is just like the explorer.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A) this doesn’t describe what I was asking.
However, please post me a screenshot how you schedule your News. I assume it is via the Overlay scheduler.

B) please read my post again. Use the Band called Statistics and drop this to your playlist columns! This band contains the Play Counter column.
Once added you. An remove or regroup the other columns.
terraradio

Post by terraradio »

Untitled.jpg
terraradio

Post by terraradio »

Untitled.jpg
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In the first screeshot you have NOT enabled the 'Show Band Column Headers':
ShowBandColumnHeader.jpg
Once done you see the Bands in the column chooser - then select the Statistics band:
ColumnChooserwithBands.jpg
ColumnChooserwithBands.jpg (20.04 KiB) Viewed 10291 times
As said: See here for details: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2015

So PLEASE READ the first post again! This would both of us save many posts...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

For the News: In your overlay you ALWAYS select the first 10 news entries.
I don't even understand, why you have set the age to 2 days now?