Script window shows no script

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
JWvanGulik
Script window shows no script

Post by JWvanGulik »

I created a script in the "Settings and Options" -> "Scripts/Scheduler" ->"Script Libraries" window. This looks fine, but when re-opening ProppFrexx, there is no script visible in this same window.
When opening the scripts from the main ribbon ("Scheduler" tab -> "Scripts") however, the script is visible. It works fine when using the script in the scheduler. Also, when starting ProppFrexx, a warning appears which says that not all script could be loaded. Any thoughts on the issue here?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Script window shows no script

Post by radio42 »

Can you please post related screen-shots?

Note, that there are 2 types of Script-Libraries:
a) Additional Script-Libraries
b) Automatically Loaded Script-Libraries (loaded from the 'Auto. Script Path')

I assume, that you have provided an 'Auto. Script Path' in the general setting, section Scripts/Scheduler and that you have saved your script file (.pfs file) into that directory.

Auto. Script Path: (Automatic Script Library Path)
Script files (.pfs) within this directory are automatically loaded as individual script libraries. If you leave this entry empty (which is the default and recommended) you might manage your script libraries manually by using the „Additional Script Libraries...“ button.

When clicking on the 'Additional Script Libraries...' button ONLY those script-libraries are shown, which are added manually (i.e. which are not already loaded by the above mentioned automatic script library path.
However, when clicking on the main ribbon Scheduler tab->Scripts, all script libraries are shown (i.e. manual and automatic loaded).
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hello Bernd,

Thank you for your reply. I will first check my settings tonight when I'm home. First of all I was not aware that there are two kinds of script-libraries. Let me check and I will get back to you.

Best regards, JW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It is not really 2 different types of script-libraries, but only where you define them. That’s all.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd,

The problem seems to be solved. Only remaining issue is that I don't know how to delete the "automatically loaded" scripts. Some how, the delete button is not active when I select the automatically loaded script. Any hints?

Regards, JW.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You need to empty the 'Auto. Script Path' value in the general settings, section Scripts/Scheduler.
And then you would have to restart ProppFrexx in order to have this reflected.
With the next start ProppFrexx would not read any automatic script files anymore (as you removed the path above) and only manually added scripts are considered.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Okay, thanks! :D