hooks with proppfrexx

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
densma
hooks with proppfrexx

Post by densma »

i'm very new to proppfrexx and will like to migrate from radiodj. one of the features i use a lot is the teaser plugin which triggers every top of the hours.
1. first is there a video or tutorials on how to setup hooks and to trigger let say every top of the hour or 30mins?
2. can proppfrexx import radiodj tags? cuepoints and hooks or i will to define them again manually? if yes.. how? by importing same mp3?
3. can you use multiple files for opener, separator and closing like with radiodj?
4. can proppfrexx set hooks automatically? radiodj cant do this. i know some other automation software can

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin
Re: hooks with proppfrexx

Post by radio42 »

1) you can find all Tutorials here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1018

Hook cue-points are an alternative set of cue-points. You can define them in the PFL Player, TAG Editor or directly in the DJ Players by using the related HOOK toggle button.
In the general settings you can find some special Hook-Settings in the Mixing section.
Once you defined all Hook cue-points for all your tracks and the hook settings...
Within a given playlist you can now simply mark the related tracks to promote and then convert them into an embedded Hook container (make a right-click and use the Selection sub-menu).

2) I don’t know where and how RadioDJ does store it’s cue-points. As such, there is currently no way to import them.
But if you know where these are stored, I might take a look.

3) ProppFrexx has very flexible configuration options. What exact openers and closers and separators are you looking for? For programs? Overlays, ...?

4) no, hook cue-points have to be defined manually per track to ensure best and desired results.
ProppFrexx can also not automatically choose the hook containers for you.
Inzane8305

Post by Inzane8305 »

2) As far as I remember: RadioDJ uses an SQL database for all media. (And also the cuepoints.)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Well, if you have any further details about the structure of the database (and what exact type of database it is) and the table and column(s) containing the cue-points or other meta data - I am happy to assist!
But I just found this post: https://www.radiodj.ro/community/index. ... 0#msg51360

If you can send me some of your files (and if they are MP3s), I can take a look to read them in (if available)!
densma

Post by densma »

yes it uses SQL database. I use maria. i can email you some files. what's your email address?
not sure but i will try to get database details. not sure if its stored in database or mp3tag itself.
i checked that link, MusicIP PUID tag field is that mp3 or database table tag?
Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can find my email address in the 'Contact:' bubble here to the left of this post.
The PUID is a TAG in an mp3 file.
densma

Post by densma »

i just emailed the files.
thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I looked at these files, but unfortunately they did not contain any TAGs which might contain those cue-point values.
As such I assume, it is only stored in the SQL database. But without further details about its structure and layout, I am not really able to help.
Or do you have this info...?
densma

Post by densma »

not sure how to get info. If i send you backup file of the database will that work? or tell me how to get structure and layout
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, a backup should probably work.