automatically play-out recorded shows at scheduled times.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
automatically play-out recorded shows at scheduled times.

Post by phonic »

I'm recording shows without news, promos,etc, just the show without any broadcast processing so it's ready for rebroadcast. files are saved with programme name and date(StartAnew-2019-06-09.mp3).
How do I programme the scheduler to select the correct programme name and scheduled date for that show that play-out? Do you use LoadTrack with macros in the script like c:/music/programming/StartAnew-${yyyy}-${MM}-${dd}.mp3 ?
Also, I've enabled in the config to save .pfc files(StartAnew-2019-06-09-mp3.pfc), Do these automatically get selected if found in the directory of the selected audio file?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: automatically play-out recorded shows at scheduled times.

Post by radio42 »

Yes to the last question.

For the rebroadcast:
You almost correct. But you should use the ${start_yyyy}, ${start_MM} and ${start_dd} macros.
The start_... macros reference the start date and time of the related scheduler program.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 09 Jun 2019 20:19 Yes to the last question.

For the rebroadcast:
You almost correct. But you should use the ${start_yyyy}, ${start_MM} and ${start_dd} macros.
The start_... macros reference the start date and time of the related scheduler program.
Perfect. Thank you so much.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 09 Jun 2019 20:19 Yes to the last question.

For the rebroadcast:
On second thought I don't think that will work if I want to replay a show that was recorded on a different day.

For example a show airs on Monday 4pm, and repeats on Wednesday 4pm. I assume start_ would search for a file with Wednesday's date not Monday's date.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In this case you can use the *[DATE:...] macro function to add or subtract a certain number of days by using the ${start} macro.
Let's assume your rebroadcast is always 2 days later (Wednesday, but originally recorded on Monday) - this mean on the Wednesday you need to subtract 2 days to get the original filename.
This can be done by the following macro:
*[DATE:{${start}}:{days}:{-2}:{yyyy-MM-dd}]

This will subtract 2 days from the ${start} value and output it in the format yyyy-MM-dd
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 09 Jun 2019 23:10 In this case you can use the *[DATE:...] macro function to add or subtract a certain number of days by using the ${start} macro.
Let's assume your rebroadcast is always 2 days later (Wednesday, but originally recorded on Monday) - this mean on the Wednesday you need to subtract 2 days to get the original filename.
This can be done by the following macro:
*[DATE:{${start}}:{days}:{-2}:{yyyy-MM-dd}]

This will subtract 2 days from the ${start} value and output it in the format yyyy-MM-dd
ProppFrexx is a very versatile programme. :shock: That should do the job nicely.

I assume all I need to do is add the prefix filename StartAnew-*[DATE:{${start}}:{days}:{-2}:{yyyy-MM-dd}].mp3 ?

UPDATE: Just done a little test with yesterdays show, and works fine. Thank you so much!