Metadata

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Radiofreak
Re: Metadata

Post by Radiofreak »

Ok sounds nice! Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here comes the promised Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzgebx0gjp9a0 ... e.mp4?dl=0

What the video shows:
First I open the current Program to which a 'TestTrack' Script is attached - the script is opened and it is shown, that a special script-line songtitle is set via the 'T' button. I am using a LoadTrack mode to load a manual test track.

The script and program scheduler is then closed.

Now a manual playlist is being opened and the respective test track is being opened. This to demonstrate, that its normal meta (Artist - Title) data is totally different to the special script-line songtitle!

In between the SHOUTcast console is being shown to demonstrate the current songtitle being displayed there.

Finally the Program Scheduler is started to let the program/script execute (note that the SuppressLateStartRollForward and ForceLateStartBeginning options have been set to ensure, that the program/script really always starts from the beginning/1st script-line).

When the program was started you can see in the playlist, that the first track indeed became the special script-line songtitle and is not using its own meta data.
This is also reflected in the network streaming monitor's song title as well as on the SHOUTcast server.

As such, I can only assume, that it is working here as expected.
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

Thanks for the video. That is what i al so did before. Now i have tested it by my Shoutcast test stream and indeed everything is correct. Now i see what the problem is. I Use a Icecast stream for my station and that is where the metadata is not comming up.

So Icecast is the problem as i can see. :roll:
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I do not really believe that, except you are somehow updating the ICEcast data manually or somehow differently, as ProppFrexx sends exactly the same info to either the SHOUTcast or ICEcast server.
However, I’ll do another ICEcast later today.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I also tested it with an ICEcast2 server - same result here.
I didn't record a video this time, as the result is absolutely the same. Just attached the screenshot of the ICEcast status page - showing the exact same song title as in the video:
Icecast2-SongTitleUpdate.jpg
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

Please see the screen shots.

One is the Shoutcast with the right metadata and second the Icecast with NO metadata.
Attachments
shoutcast metadata.jpg
shoutcast metadata.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 6364 times
Icecast metadata.jpg
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The screenshot looks like you have NOT set the song title format to ${trackname}

The last thing I can offer is a TeamViewer session, but this wouldn’t come for free. See our support pages.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is from the general settings, what about your streaming server configuration?
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

That's probably it. I must wait till tomorrow when the show starts to see if it's working. I will inform you about it. Thanks