ModStream meta data and fading in and out.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
ModStream meta data and fading in and out.

Post by phonic »

At times we would like to use use the remote viewer to issue the command: MODSTREAM_WATCHER_START http://localhost:12400/live-link1 and the stop commend: MODSTREAM_WATCHER_STOP

This works well in testings, but how do you make it smoothly fade in and out, like it does when in the playlist fading from music to a live stream?
Also, I've noticed the playlist continues to play in the background and updates song titles that are not airing. How do I tell it to stop and start again after the midstream ends, and use the song tiles coming via the modstream?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ModStream meta data and fading in and out.

Post by radio42 »

The MODSTREAM_WATCHER_START has the following parameters (see Appendix of the User Manual):
url[|length|stopPlaylist|startWithNextTrack[|songTitle[|playonce[|introfile[|outrofile[|url2]]]]]]

Example:
MODSTREAM_WATCHER_START http://localhost:12400/live-link1|0|True|True|Live

I.e. the 'stopPlaylist' value should be set to 'True' to stop the underlying playlist.
The MODStreamPlayer always uses the ManualFadeOutLength (see general settings, section Mixing) for the segue between the playlist and the MODStream - no matter if invoked manually or remotely.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 10 Jul 2019 20:48 The MODSTREAM_WATCHER_START has the following parameters (see Appendix of the User Manual):
url[|length|stopPlaylist|startWithNextTrack[|songTitle[|playonce[|introfile[|outrofile[|url2]]]]]]

Example:
MODSTREAM_WATCHER_START http://localhost:12400/live-link1|0|True|True|Live

I.e. the 'stopPlaylist' value should be set to 'True' to stop the underlying playlist.
The MODStreamPlayer always uses the ManualFadeOutLength (see general settings, section Mixing) for the segue between the playlist and the MODStream - no matter if invoked manually or remotely.
Thank you for the information, I've added the extra options, fade settings are at defaults, but may need alter them a little more to get a smooth transition. The real issue is fading back using MODSTREAM_WATCHER_STOP as it ends the stream abruptly without any fade. I've added "PLS_CURRENT_PLAY_NEXT" to get the current playlist going again, but can't find an option to allow it to cross fade back as it has no parameters. What have I missed?

UPDATE: After more testing, I've got the start fading about right, however, the stopping and returning back is still an issue, I can hear it fade out the live stream, but the music on the playlist does not crossfade.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess I see what you mean.
A v4.1.2.1 update is available to check...
phonic

Post by phonic »

Apologies if my explanation is long and confusing :)

Yes the updated version fixed the issue. It's now crossfading back to the playlist. Do I assume correctly that it's fading back using the same manual fader values as well?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes. Plus the Manual MixTime Delay value.