New mix settings

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
moogwill
Re: New mix settings

Post by moogwill »

I just tried it.... it do the trick, but quiet a bit unprecise and complicated. cause the main need of this new mix setting is to get the next of the previous track in sync with the first beat of a track without mute the previous sound.you can achieve this here but it's unclear. especially in the segue editor.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The negative CueInOffset was never intended for exact beat matching, which only makes sense between two distinct tracks! And this can easily be achieved without the CueInOffset (ie. simply by using the graphical segue editor)!
So unfortunately I do not understand your point and the intend of the offset is different here.
ProppFrexx never supported automatic beat matching and will not I am afraid- and regardless, a CueInOffset wouldn’t help with beat matching at all.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

This isn't a beat matching problem. if I refer to beat 1 there's a good reason. frequentely, a track got some sound starting "off beat" before the beat 1. the exact need is to be able to play this little "off beat" introduction before the cue in that is supposed the place to be in "sync" with the "next point" of the previous track. so to be able to achieve this at the moment you need to now the exact amount of time beetween the real start of the sound you want to play off beat and the wanted "cue" that you want to be played at next of the previous track.

in the screen caps, you can see that when you have the correct wanted transition(cue in off beat), you are visually lost cause you don't see any marker.
Attachments
cue in off beat.png
cue in.png
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

take it from the other side and you'll see how obvious it is. when a track ends with a crash you put the next point on this crash that keeps playing till the out point. the need is exactly the opposite... whan a track start with a reverse crash. you need to hear it before the effective next point... just like a mirror
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I took some time to think about this in the last hours. As it supposed to be "cue in" must be cue in (effective start). so maybe a new marker is the easiest solution, something called "cue mix" that, if exists, would sync to the next of the previous track.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In that case you should use the already existing MixIn feature of the media entry type.
E.g. go to the general settings, section Mixing and click on the Mixing per Media Type button...
Now select a media type, e.g. User1.
As the MixIn mode select CueInStartAtZero.
And save this.
Now you can place your CueIn position to your 1st beat! Plus specify the media type of that track to User1.
That’s it. No need to specify an additional negative offset.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

will try that...
but, it means that all the previous rules have to be changed, cause they don't figure this new media type? Am I right?

Thomas.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I do not know what ‘rules’ and media types you are using.
I might one one day also add a new MixIn type per single track; but the recent negative CueInOffset was designed to serve a different purpose, ie. Look to the example given in the post regarding a Level42 track which as a very long intro, which should always be played a few seconds earlier than the effective cue-in.
djbony

Post by djbony »

Update totally demolished my layout. Even after reset, it does not behave normally. The width of the columns in the playlist section cannot be minimized.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce that here.
This issue also doesn’t seem to relate to this topic here?!