TOTH at specific time

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
TOTH at specific time

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd,

I'm trying to create a script that could genrerate a specific time related TOTH.
If I have 24 different TOTH I'd like to have a script that pick a specific file to its own specific time.
it should refer to the relative time for example if time is 13:58 or 14:02 let's pick TOTH14.mp3
I'd like to achieve that in a script to be able to insert it in playlists and/or in overlays (for live or VT shows)

thanks,
T.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: TOTH at specific time

Post by radio42 »

You might create 24 program scheduler entries and define each to be started Soft at the full hour (eg. also using the ‘Allow Start Early’ Option plus the related timing option; click on the ‘?’ icon in the program entry editor dialog to get detailed help).
Alternatively you might just create 1 hourly recurring program entry.
You can then assign the same script to the program(s). The first script-line might be your TOTH track, eg. use the LoadFile mode and use the ${start_HH} macro in the file entry to specify the name of it.
The ${start_HH} macro resolves to the Hour of the effective StartTime of the related program and as such resolves to the full hour when the program is started.

Alternatively you might use a FixedTimeElement and use the ${fix_HH} macro.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

as the playlist is loaded in advance.. will it still refer to the supposed strt time???
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When the playlist is loaded from the program scheduler it receives its effective start date and time and as such this will be used with the ${start_xxx} macros.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

that's perfect tahanks...