Smooth track transition

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Smooth track transition

Post by radio42 »

Just try again, I just cleared the server cache - maybe a connection/internet caching issue - this sometimes happens!
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Now it is running!
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

First impression looks fine. Any idea why it takes so long to get all the data in the explorer?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It needs to read the meta data of the visual tracks.
If you enabled sorting, this might be all tracks.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd,

Next question related to this topic. I added the song language to the "composer" tag, e.g. "NL" for Dutch language songs. In my "Script Rules" I have defined that if a song with composer "NL" is played, the next track should suppress composer "NL". When I run this script, I notice that this script rule is not followed. After a few hours (there are not so much songs with "NL") two songs with composer "NL" were played after each other, with a jingle in between. Is it possible that "Current Track Condition" only applies to the next item, so not to the next script line? In other words, is it possible that it only takes the jingle into account? BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Why do you say, that it is not followed? The script rule IS exactly followed! What you want is that the rules only apply to music tracks I assume?!
But I am afraid, that this is currently not fully possible, as other users do use rules where they want include Jingles.

I am also not sure, why you only want to take Jingles into account?
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

No, I want the script rule to NOT take the jingle into account. Only the music tracks.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Maybe a better example. If the script has chosen a rap song, I want the next song to be anything except a rap song. So I included in the Script Rules to suppress rap song as current track if the previous track was a rap song. But this has shown not to work. Any idea what is the reason for this?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe because there was a Jingle in between - which is also considered as a regular track (and which was not a rap song)?!
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Indeed, that is exactly the case, and also needed for the "smooth transition" topic in the first place. And as said: this works great. My question is if it is possible to make sure that no two rap songs (or rock songs, or...) are played in a row, even though there is a jingle in between.