PF streaming with Breakaway One

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
JWvanGulik
PF streaming with Breakaway One

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi, I have been fine-tuning my PF system to a perfect radio station (to my taste) and am now looking for going "on-air". My Breakaway One has a perfect kick-ass processing and I would like to get my sound on-line. Does anyone have experience with streaming with Breakaway One or streaming in general? My radio experience is quite extensive, but I'm from the analogue generation...

Thanks in advance, JW.
Inzane8305
Re: PF streaming with Breakaway One

Post by Inzane8305 »

Streaming with Breakaway One: I think you should see support at BreakAway homepage. (Setting up Streaming)
PF, on the other hand, is most capable to stream on it's own, you just need to download the software for Icecast or Shoutcast (and have a little "DOS-program" running) but that will not be processed with BreakAway One unless you do some software routing with the Breakaway Pipeline. Stereotool with PF (imho) is better because it is a VST/DSP that you then can stream directly.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A few users do use Breakaway. In the end it’s a matter of Taste ;-)

I guess there is already a very easy way to use Breakaway via its Breakaway Pipeline!
Ie. in this setup Breakaway acts like a virtual sound device, which can directly be used and setup within ProppFrexx as either an output or even input mixer channel.
So the use and integration is already and easily possible.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi guys, thanks for your suggestions. Currently I have my Breakaway One in a pipeline (on the same machine). I'm a nitwit when it comes to streaming and how to set this up. Is there some kind of manual available from PF how this would be possible the easiest way? I'm so curious how my sound sounds like when it is "on-air"!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

To setup streaming, go to the ‚Network Streaming Monitor‘ panel and add a new Streaming Server.
Press on the ? Icon at the very top right to get help.
Esssentially you can define here which audio signal from which mixer channel you want to use as a source.
If you are using breakaway pipeline but not it streaming function, it would add its processing after the signal left the mixer output.
So you would need to feed it’s processed audio signal also back in as an input mixer channel and than use this as the source for streaming.
djbony

Post by djbony »

JWvanGulik wrote: 10 Jan 2020 10:25 Hi guys, thanks for your suggestions. Currently I have my Breakaway One in a pipeline (on the same machine). I'm a nitwit when it comes to streaming and how to set this up. Is there some kind of manual available from PF how this would be possible the easiest way? I'm so curious how my sound sounds like when it is "on-air"!
Hello,
my config... P.
Attachments
PFOA.png
BO.png
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi, I now have my stream online, but I'm streaming from Breakaway One instead of PF. Works perfect, only issue that I now have is that the Artist - Song information is not shown on the Shoutcast server. I have read some posts on this issue, and it seems possible to get song information from PF to Breakaway. Anyone has this experience? I have the feeling the information from PF does not get to Breakaway at this moment. Thx, JW

By the way, here's my station located: http://84.24.26.43:8000
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You might also setup a streaming server within ProppFrexx (with all the admin credentials) but do NOT start it!
You can than set the Force Title Update option.
This way, ProppFrexx does not stream but still updates the title info of a server.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

JWvanGulik wrote: 25 Jan 2020 14:31 Hi, I now have my stream online, but I'm streaming from Breakaway One instead of PF. Works perfect, only issue that I now have is that the Artist - Song information is not shown on the Shoutcast server. I have read some posts on this issue, and it seems possible to get song information from PF to Breakaway. Anyone has this experience? I have the feeling the information from PF does not get to Breakaway at this moment. Thx, JW

By the way, here's my station located: http://84.24.26.43:8000
sounds good (klinkt goed)
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd,

I still don't get it to work. You mean set up a stream but uncheck "Connect at start up" and uncheck "Reconnect on Error every"? The rest I filled in, but no song information reaches Breakaway. Do you by any chance now what to fill in at "Location" in Breakaway? Thx, JW.