Recording a show and other questions

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Paul E
Recording a show and other questions

Post by Paul E »

Hello -

Just looking at ProppFrexx for the first time. (Thank you Bernd for your help in getting me on to this forum.)

I have a couple of questions to start with. My apologies if these have already been asked before.

1) When doing a live interview/talk show, is it possible for that show to be recorded by PF and the resultant file be automatically stored in a PF media folder ?
2) Would it also be possible to automate the replaying of that show in the future ? ie set a replay time slot and have the file automatically placed in the slot ready for replay at the set time?
3) Is there a tool/s in PF that would enable subscribing to podcast RSS feeds so that the latest shows are automatically imported into the PF media folder and then played at some point in the future as part of the schedule ?

Look forward to your response and getting to know a lot more about PF and what it can do.

Paul
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Recording a show and other questions

Post by radio42 »

As a start you might take a look here:
https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... f=9&t=2149

Will explain more later...but yes, it’s all doable.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

to 1):
With a particular program in the Program Editor click on the 'Control-Commands...' and specify the MIXER_OUTPUT_REC_ON command with the 'On Program Starting' or 'On Program Started' event. E.g. something like this:

Code: Select all

MIXER_OUTPUT_REC_ON OUT|C:\Recordings\${dd}-${MM}-${yyyy}-${programname}
This will start a recording on the OUT mixer channel using the given path and filename.
Note, that macros are used to denote the filename.
See the Appendix of the User Manual for a list of all macros! You might also specify a fixed filename, e.g.:

Code: Select all

MIXER_OUTPUT_REC_ON OUT|C:\Recordings\LiveAt9am.mp3
You specify in the general settings, section Encoding/Recording the default Recording Settings, i.e. the Default Encoding Profile (which defines the format and Codec to use; see here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... hp?f=9&t=5)

to 2):
Yes, you can create a new Program Scheduler entry to replay the previous recording.
Also create a new Script to use with that Program. In that script you might specify the following 2 script-lines:
1. LoadTrack, C:\Recordings\LiveAt9am.mp3, Count=1, SuppressHistoryCheck
2. Random; AnyMediaLib, Count=1
Make sure to set the 'Loop Line = 2' in the script settings, so that the load track script-line is only executed once!
I.e. you can simply reference the previous recording in a script.

to 3):
ProppFrexx does contain an RSS Feed reader in the Control Room Message Center.
But that RSS Feed reader can not automatically download music content. In most cases the RSS feed anyhow doesn't contain any direct link to a music file, but only to a web-site from which you can play the podcast. As such, it is not really possible to directly download music from RSS feeds.
Paul E

Post by Paul E »

Thank you Bernd for your response.

I will spend some time going through the info re Q 1 and Q 2.

With regards to Q 3, I have used LibreTime for some time and with it you can directly subscribe to multiple podcast RSS feeds and it automatically imports the audio file(s) and can then auto-drop them into scheduled show slots. It is not always 100% reliable but is potentially very useful as it enables the auto import of audio news services (such as SRN who do an hourly 4 min news update 24hrs a day) and placing that in your schedule automatically.

Thanks for your response. Some reading to do now.