Drag and drop from media Library?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Ed London
Drag and drop from media Library?

Post by Ed London »

Hi, New user here ..my previous program was OtsAV and I was able to have the media Library open with my "entire library" list in one area and could browse songs while drag/drop them into active playlist freely.... Can you do this in ProppFrexx? thanks
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Drag and drop from media Library?

Post by radio42 »

In ProppFrexx you use the Find Window...
See the Tutorial Videos here in the General forum.
Ed London

Post by Ed London »

I think I found it, you open your windows folder where all your music resides and from there drag and drop songs into playlist? Can this same action be done on the fly while the playlist is active? Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, the Find Window is part of ProppFrexx.
But yes, you can do all in parallel while a main playlist is playing.
Ed London

Post by Ed London »

I guess I am not asking my question very well, I do not know how you can get the find window in Propp to display all music files, yes, you can search for a song but I want to see a complete list of everything in Media Library to drag and drop as I browse. Is that possible? thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Enter * in the search box of the Find Window to see all (even if that doesn't make much sense).

Else you can also open (see the main Open ribbon button and click on the small arrow button below) the individual Media-Libraries in parallel to the playlist and the do drag and drop or use the SHIFT+Plus key...
Ed London

Post by Ed London »

The find window does a great job searching and finding a song but does not display everything in my music library even using the * does nothing. However, If I use the directory explorer it shows everything. It would be nice to have everything shown in the find. This is a great program, I have just finished trying several others and I find PF the best hands down. Thanks Bernd
Ed London

Post by Ed London »

The find window does a great job searching and finding a song but does not display everything in my music library even using the * does nothing. However, If I use the directory explorer it shows everything. It would be nice to have everything shown in the find. This is a great program, I have just finished trying several others and I find PF the best hands down. Thanks Bernd
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

To use the * search text you must first select a single Media Lib (on the right next to the search input, e.g. click on the '...' button to select one media lib) - once a media lib is selected you can use the * to list all media entries.

Note, that there might be search limits defined (click on the properties icon between the search input and the media lib selector) and choose 'Find Limits...'. By default only up to 9999 entries are shown.

Also note, that you can customize your columns to be displayed in the Find Window; make a right-click on a column header and select 'Column Chooser'.
Also note, that you might use the immediate search feature in each column...just start typing some characters.