syndication & regional program

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: syndication & regional program

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure what you mean.
As the tracks are always played out locally all meta data is always present. Note, that all regional PCs must always fully access the Advert Storage Path.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

On region 2 computer, we have the audio from the main program+the local overlays, then we need to re inject in the streaming server encoder The main audio tags before encoding signal. We need those to feed the dab+ associated data’s
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can update the streaming server data either directly from the main PC without connecting and sending stream audio, but only updating the servers song title.

Or you can send meta data directly from the Main PC to the remote PC, which is a bit more complex.
You need to use the RCM (Remote Control Monitor, see the main mixer channel) and configue on the Main PC the 2nd PC as a Remote Client.
Once configured, you must enable transmitting the meta data. You have to do this manually via the following commands:
1. On the Main PC use: UPDATEENTRYSTATISTIC_CLIENT_ON
2. On the 2nd PC use: UPDATEENTRYSTATISTIC_SERVER_ON

1. enables the Main PC to send meta data to the remote clients.
2. enables the 2nd PC to receive the server data.

Further you need to configure in the general settings (section Logginf/History) the option ‘RemoteUpdateSetSongTitle’ (next to the 'Keep Global Entry Statistics' - in the 'Update whan' list).

Note, that I am on holiday til the 1.8. and cannot do any further testing of extensive help for this very complex Enterprise only feature.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd,

finally, it took much more time than expected (covid s...!!), but we're finally about to start our new local area next month, so I just finish created my slave software, and I just tried my first local weather on both zone, they just played right as expected!!
it was a first try, and both was the exact same length.

to achieve this I created only one overlay in the scheduler and a news category on each zone from advert manager using exact same name with a different file, but I'm not sure it's the right way (if not, how to link different news category from different zone to a same overlay?)

here's a few questions I have now:

- is there any way to get a manual start on those overlays (easier when a presenter is live on air) ?

- when voice tracking, how to know in advance the exact place of the overlay ? to achieve this is there a way to auto insert placeholders in the playlist? (to keep the time accurate and see where those overlay will be situated in the playlist)

last but not least, not a question but a nice trick that seems to be very useful.
to get a low latency audio from the master to the slave, i'm using a great free vst called "reastream" (from reaper daw stock plugins). then i used a second instance of reastream to also send to the slave the sub out from the studio (used usually for voice track) then it's now possible to do live speaks on slave zone only, from the master studio. ;-) I just need now to create a user button to remote slave's talkover and unmute this specific track.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Your approach is correct - and as I understand, it was also working correctly.
The overlays on the slave/region machines are created dynamically anyhow based on the master region machine.

You can plan the overlay to start Manually or Soft on the master region machine - just like with any overlays.
So the presenter on the master region machine can do that yes.

For voice tracking you have an option to already resolve the overlays to the voice tracking playlist.
These resolved overlays in the RVT playlist are kind of placeholders and will finally trigger are effective playout of that overlays.
Note, that in this case the overlays are not played via the Overlay Player, but directly via the DJ Players.
But in both cases the remote (slave) advert region playout should be triggered accordingly.

Nice rick with the "reastream" VST! Thanks for that info.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Until now, we allways use "resolve overlay to playlist, but for RVT with a second local zone news and weather, Do you mean that the resolved to playlist wiil trigger the slave region overlay ? Seems strange to me especially about timing if both region are playing something different that needs some fillers to be in sync ...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, it will trigger the slaves once you resolved them, also from the DJ Players.
Why is it strange, as only the master defines when to play an overlay?
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

will try to explain :

A is master
B is slave

on the previous day i'm recording a RVT session and in this program comes a news category OVL that includes national news (same reference file on both zone), and local wheather (different for each zone) assume for any reason the local wheather on B is longer than local wheather on A, as the files (wheather forecast) doesn't exist (or at least are different) at the time it is recorded... Will the "resume to playlist overlay" be changed to use filler to keep those two area in sync at the end?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain when you mean by "resume to playlist overlay"- as I don't fully understand what you are looking for?

Not sure, what you are exactly doing/configuring, but the Advert or News Filler in used exactly when build the News or Advert Slot Playlist.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

concrete situation.

RVT recording for the next day. using "resume OVL to playlist" and comes the time of the news at 12.00 I need to RVT hooks of what is gonna be played aftr the news, then record toth and launch the news. News in the ad manager are in fact Related to 2 dynamic files changing everyday news flash (downloaded from an external provider) and then local wheather (localy produced every morning)

as news flash is the same on A&B area, local wheather are different (means time of those can be different)

For my first attempt I tried to put the 2 files in the same news category (news flash & local wheather) called news, only the news flash was played.

- will the "resumed to playlist overlay" on A gonna start in sync the overlays on B?

- will both region will sync their total playtime if needed for local wheather?

regarding to the original description, it does'nt seems to be possible

Capture d’écran 2021-03-17 à 09.41.02.png