CW1_CART_NAMES_GET

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Regulate
CW1_CART_NAMES_GET

Post by Regulate »

Hi Bernd,

Another question :). How do i use the CW1_Cart_Names_Get command? I would like to use that list(of string) to put on some leds on a novation launchpad. Can i run something after he spills out every line or should i use the inlist condition? I can't find anywhere how i can use that list.

many thanks in advance :).

Joeri
radio42
Site Admin
Re: CW1_CART_NAMES_GET

Post by radio42 »

That command is designed if you code your one interface.
Why would need a name in order turn an led on or off??? A name would be useless, you should use the ${cartid} macro to retrieve the number/index if the cart in order to turn the led on/off.
Regulate

Post by Regulate »

ok. I thought that was the only command who could give me wich carts are loaded when a oncartwallchangedevent occurs. If there's another way i would love to know that :)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There are even some threads here in the user forum to search for.
However, I don’t know exactly what you would like to achieve, thus I can not tell you exactly ;-)
Typically you use the OnCartwallPause/Play events to turn leds in or off.
Regulate

Post by Regulate »

I searched but can't find anything that does what i want it do to. What i wanna achieve is: when the oncartwallchangedevent runs(occurs), i want proppfrexx to turn on the corresponding leds on the launchpad. for example: i load a list containing 30 jingles he needs to turn on 30 leds on the lauchpad.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

All commands as well as all macros are listed in the Appendix of the User Manual.
You might still use the above mentioned events and macros, as changing the cartwall lib would also trigger pause reap. load event.

The ${cartid} macro cannot be used with the OnCartwallChanged event.
But you can use that event to turn all lights off, as later the individual cart will be loaded, which triggers their pause/load events.

You might the. Use the *[TOINT macro to transform to ${cartid} to your corresponding launch pad button index and MIDI message.
I am not a launchpad expert nor do I know the launchpad MIDI commands, but I know, that several user have used it here with ProppFrexx just like you want it.
Regulate

Post by Regulate »

Bernd,

now this is some info i can work with :). I didn't know that the oncartwallchanged event triggers the pause/load events of that cart. Thank u very much.
Regulate

Post by Regulate »

Bernd,

i looked everywhere but can't find the load/pause events of a specific cart. The oncartpause event doesn't trigger when changing a cartwall.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

See general setting, section Events/Commands and then expand the Cartwall node.

I am currently not in the office, so I cannot look up the exact macro name, but it should be something like: ${iscart1paused}, ${iscart2paused} etc.
these can also be used together with the conditional EXEC_COMMAND2.
See here how it is used with the OSC api, it is not
Midi, but the event files contain the same logic as you need it - you would just have to map it to your midi commands.
When you download the zip, please inspect the contained event mapping files to what events and commands / macros are being used when switching the cartwall.
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... p?f=9&t=23