Placeholder in Trackboard

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
tatje
Placeholder in Trackboard

Post by tatje »

Hi Bernd,
Is it possible to make an option in the track board that a placeholder can be placed here with, for example, text (soft, medium, or hard).
This is because I use the trackboard to place tracks here that I can then use in the playlist during live broadcast.
it is then easier to sort the tracks by text (soft, medium, or hard) in the track board.

greet's, Tatje
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Placeholder in Trackboard

Post by radio42 »

I don’t get your idea ?!
Not sure what ‚text (soft, medium, hard) you mean?!
You could for example use the comment TAG field, show it in both, the Playlist and Trackboard and then sort the Trackboard by that column?!
Is that what you mean?
tatje

Post by tatje »

See the immage
Placeholder
Placeholder
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Well, you can edit all the TAG data also for a Placeholder entry. Eg. use any field which is also shown in the Playlist window and set it’s value to Soft, Medium. Hard.
In the Trackboard you can do the same or you alread tag your tracks accordingly upfront.
Then you sort the Trackboard by this field!

Alternatively you can also use the shortcuts at their top of the Trackboard, ie. you use 3 Trackboards, one for Soft, one for Medium, and one for Hard.

As such you can already achieve what you are looking for.
tatje

Post by tatje »

see the OTS program in which you can place your tracks in a work environment and place a placeholder in between so that you have blocks with mediun soft or hard tracks.

placeholder OTS
placeholder OTS
see OTS
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can also schedule Placeholder in ProppFrexx!
As said, you can achieve the same!!!
Please read my above comments again. Or try to explain in mich more detail what you think is missing - beside the fact, that ProppFrexx is not OTS and will not be OTS!
tatje

Post by tatje »

Okay,
I get it now
I first create a playlist with the placehoders and then export it to the trackboard.
that is workable for me.

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, you can simply select all tracks in the playlist (Ctrl+A) then right-click and select Copy To Trackboard (Ctrl+Insert).
Alternative use Ctrl+C (Copy) and Ctrl+V (Paste).

However, I still don't get you workflow, as in the screenshots it looked like the playlist should contain Placeholders.
But I think you just wanted to have these 'placeholders' as visible 'separators' between the sections (Soft, Medium, Hard)?!
tatje

Post by tatje »

However, I still don't get you workflow, as in the screenshots it looked like the playlist should contain Placeholders.
But I think you just wanted to have these 'placeholders' as visible 'separators' between the sections (Soft, Medium, Hard)?!

exactly :D

Greetings Tatje
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

radio42 wrote: 28 Sep 2020 15:10 Yes, you can simply select all tracks in the playlist (Ctrl+A) then right-click and select Copy To Trackboard (Ctrl+Insert).
Alternative use Ctrl+C (Copy) and Ctrl+V (Paste).

I was looking for a solution to save my trackboard songs.
There are several buttons, so I think you can choose if you want to prepare a radioprogram with that songs I want to save.
But I can only save in "Default". In the other buttons I can't
Anyone have a idea about this?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards
Pieter