ProppFrexx and waves VST plugins

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
GuntherM
ProppFrexx and waves VST plugins

Post by GuntherM »

Hi Bernd,

I bought a few plugins from Waves, first a leveler and second a dynamic EQ, I can use them both in my DAW (ProTools) and Propp.
They have both 0 latency in 48k (which is enough for me) but I'm not sure they gonna work well in real time with Propp.
I have a 2 industrial PC's ie i7 systems with 24Gb RAM memory and 3 firewire connected extern audio cards 2 Motu and M-Audio Profire. My new studio is in buildmodus so I cannot test the plugins yet. Do you expect problems with the wave plugins? Would be great to use them on every channel on the mixer. Did you got complaints with this brand? Thanks

Gunther
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx and waves VST plugins

Post by radio42 »

You actually need to test the Waves VST plugins with ProppFrexx, as if they are bundled VSTs, i.e. one dll file hosting multiple VSTs, they might not work well with ProppFrexx. So please always test them first.
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

Hi Bernd,

they can be bundled in a chain, but these two can work independently too,
Wait I'll give you the links to the products.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/playlist-rider#image
and
https://www.waves.com/plugins/f6-floati ... c-eq#image

Greetings
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please try them out yourself, as I won't install all the Waves Central stuff myself.
ProppFrexx supports any VST2 native standalone compatible VSTs... I am as said not sure, if the Waves plugins will work, as all the new ones are mostly VST3 compatible only.
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

radio42 wrote: 04 Oct 2020 16:36 Please try them out yourself, as I won't install all the Waves Central stuff myself.
ProppFrexx supports any VST2 native standalone compatible VSTs... I am as said not sure, if the Waves plugins will work, as all the new ones are mostly VST3 compatible only.
If I tested them, I will give an update here, so maybe other users have the same question.