TOP HITS rotation

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
djbony
TOP HITS rotation

Post by djbony »

Hi Bernd,
I have 4 MP3s in the directory. I need them to rotate regularly after 4 hours. How to do it? Thank you, Petr.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: TOP HITS rotation

Post by radio42 »

You need to plan them accordingly in your scripts. Eg. one per hour, if you have a hourly programs. But as they are only 4 you might need to play them sequentially or setup a related media history of 3 entries, but this means, that some tracks might be skipped in one hour. Ie. specify either the SuppressHistoryCheck or not.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

How do you do that on Proppfrexx? can you show us a screenshot?
to have only 6 mp3 to rotate a day

i have 9 mp3 that i like to play like Top 10 all week from 11AM?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Do what?!
Keto, please open a new topic, if something is unclear, or describe what in this topic is not answered.

In ProppFrexx there is NO option to just say: play these 6 tracks somewhere randomly distributed over the day…
Instead you need to plan them in your programs. Ie. you need to schedule them in your script. Assume you have a program/script per hour. And assume you have defined a media lib called ROTATION. Then you can schedule a script-line in your related script:

LeastRecentlyPlayed, ROTATION, Count=1, SuppressCheckHistory

Of course such script will have other script-lines, the position of the script-line roughly defined when in the hour the hit track is picked.

When you create such a script-line in a script, you need to remember the script and make sure such a line is not present in every hour, but distributed over the day.

When you want to play your TOP10 tracks every day or every week at 11am, you also create a media lib called TOP10.
You than also create a related script.
Eg. a script which starts with a script-line:
LeastRecentlyPlayed, TOP10, Count=1, SuppressCheckHistory
or if you want to play all 9 one after the other.. etc.
here I am not sure what exactly you want to achieve.

However, all is working by defining a media lib and using it in a script-line.

In ProppFrexx you don’t do it the other way around.