Different issues.. Please Help!

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Cabzy
Different issues.. Please Help!

Post by Cabzy »

I have a couple of on going issues that I am unable to resolve.

1st.. Some scripts are not editing.

If I had a 20 line script and decided to remove a few lines, after saving and executing the script, it plays as if I did not remove the lines.

(This may be related) I also have a scheduled program that should play a new script, but it continues to play an older script.
I recreated the scheduled program in case it was a date causing the issue, but the problem continues.
I even deleted the unwanted script and somehow ProppFrexx still selected it and somehow played it.

Another problem I currently have is I cannot drag and drop MP3 files onto ProppFrexx. I noticed this a few months ago, this is preventing me from doing any live shows.

As usual, any help is much appreciated.

Thank You
Cary
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Different issues.. Please Help!

Post by radio42 »

1st:
You need to check the 'Allow Edit running Scripts' options in the general settings, section Scripts/Scheduler.
If checked, you are allowed to edit scripts currently running (like in your case) - else you can only edit scripts currently not running.
Caution: When enabled any script changes would take effect immediately, which might also lead to a reset of the current script-pointer!

But by default the script is not changed immediately, as with each start of a program/playlist a copy is created and changing a script only takes effect the next time it is started.
As such, your 2nd issue is obviously, that the next program is not started.
Beside, that the Scheduler must be running (see the Scheduler tab), you need a Premium Edition or higher and no condition is defined on that program.
But you can take a look into the Scheduler Log files, Tools ribbon, click on the 'Show Log-Files...' button and then select the last Scheduler log file to inspect. It should give a reason and entry, if a program is not started.

And for the drag and drop, this is indeed strange and i just tested it here again, but all is working fine. So I would suggest a reboot, as I already had once a user, where this just helped. Else, maybe you have deactivated drag&drop in Windows? But that seems quite unlikely - however, this can only be a Windows/Machine issue, as ProppFrexx fully supports drag & drop of supported audio files into an open playlist.
Cabzy

Post by Cabzy »

I've done everything you suggested before posting this on the forum.

As for the drag and drop, I've done this many times.

I'll probably have to remove and reinstall the program

These are legitimate bugs that may need addressing if anyone else starts experiencing similar troubles.

Thanks.. looks like i have a busy weekend ahead.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When did it start to happen?
So far no one else reported that issue. And I would needed to somehow reproduce it (drag and drop).

The scripting change/edit issue is at least explained and works as designed.
Except, that the new program/script is not starting. So (as said) send me the Scheduler log to see what causes it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any News on the Scheduler log file?
Cabzy

Post by Cabzy »

I just sent you 2 files. Global log and the error log.

Currently nothing will play, same thing happened last week. Friday between 2 - 4pm schedule is looking for a script that no longer exists. named reggae vibe. I no longer have this script and do not have it scheduled.
I have scheduled a script called weekly UK Soul Chart. This script plays on other days but today it will not play because proppfrexx schedule is looking for reggae vibe.
If I try to schedule any other script it will not play between 2-4pm Friday.
I will need to erase and reload to stop this from happening.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I assume you mean this warning in the scheduler log:
9/2/2021 5:58:46 AM: WARNING: Program 'MORNING DRIVE HR1-TUESDAY DRIVE IN@2021-09-02T06:00:00' not started, IsValid=False (the related script could not be found).

Or this one:
9/3/2021 2:26:28 PM: WARNING: Program '215-4PM.. Reggae Vibe-@2021-09-03T14:00:00' not started, IsValid=False (the related script could not be found).

When a script could not be found, it was existing once, but it doesn’t exist anymore. Eg. you created a program using a certain script and later that script was removed/deleted. As a result, the program still exists, but references a script, which doesn’t exist anymore.
Solution: Assign a new script to the program. Or delete it and recreate it.

However, someone must have done this, as the scheduler log just reports, what is happening and ProppFexx doesn’t do this automatically.

I hope you can simply adjust the scheduler entries and easily fix those configuration issues.
Luckily these issues are not ProppFrexx bugs.

But there is also this one in your log:
9/3/2021 1:58:44 PM: WARNING: Parallel-Program 'UK SOUL CHART-UK SOUL CHART@2021-09-03T14:00:00' not started (Program '215-4PM.. Reggae Vibe-Friday 2.15 to 4.PM@2021-09-03T14:00:00' has a higher Priority or later Start/EndTime).

This means, that two programs are scheduled in parallel (probably having exactly the same start time, but with different end date.
Solution: Delete one of the two.
Cabzy

Post by Cabzy »

As I have said previously, I have removed the script that is starting in parallel.
Today my station played nothing for 2 hours while the schedule played a 2 hour phantom no longer existing playlist.... (Not Good At All)

I am very concerned.

I still have the drag and drop issue as well.

Both the schedule problem along with the drag and drop problem are forcing me to delete / uninstall Proppfrexx then reinstall to start from scratch.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I understand, that you are frustrated.
But it is good, that you already fixestem two config issues.
And I am pretty sure that the new one is probably very similar.
So please post the Scheduler log for that time here again to get this resolved es as well.

I am also very sure, that a new (re)install will not solve or help with these issues.

The drag and drop issue is discussed in the other thread and should not be mixed here, but is unfortunately or luckily also not a ProppFrexx bug - as else it would be a general issue all users are facing.
Cabzy

Post by Cabzy »

I thought I would give you an update on the issues I was experiencing.
After multiple restarts of ProppFrexx a message popped on the screen saying a script error was detected and gave the option to repair.
I obviously selected yes.
The repair was made and now the shows that were not playing according to what was scheduled are now playing correctly.
Not sure why it took so long to correct itself.

The only problem I still have is having the ability to drag and drop MP3s directly onto the players.
If there is a fix, please point me to it.

Thanks