Playlist not loading

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Zeatheus
Playlist not loading

Post by Zeatheus »

Hello Bernd,

Coming from a small radio I've ran into this problem quite a bit lately and I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out.

So the way we work is that we have an Overlay with a signal from the nation news station at the top of the hour and that gets played under a "fixed" setting with the playlist afterward under a "soft" setting since the time of the news can vary slightly from hour to hour.

A reoccurring problem I have is that at 09.00 (in reality closer to 09.06 with the news), the playlist that's supposed to be there won't load or our Proppfrexx can't seem to find. However, once we get the alert that nothing is playing and I go to check, I stop and start again the "run schedule" and it instantly finds the right playlist and everything is good to go. While this has happened from time to time with other hours throughout a given week it's normally the 09.00 playlist that causes us issues and even sometimes on the weekend where we have a different script/playlist compared to during the week.

Could this be a problem with the Overlay we have in place (which I would find odd considering we have the same Overlay, more or less, throughout the entire day with no problems) or is this related to how we have our system in place?

Unfortunately we work with the dropbox (which I'm not too happy about) and I've always wondered if that can cause issues. Along with the fact we tend to open playlists through another computer (whether with remotevoicetracking or just to modifiy things without being on our broadcasting computer). Could the fact that using the playlist from another computer could cause a sync issue and needing to "open" the playlist again on the main computer forces it to find the right path?

I'm really at a loss so any and help would be much appreciated.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Playlist not loading

Post by radio42 »

I guess there can be many issues, like network, Dropbox accessibility etc. issues.
But when a program can not be found or loaded, a related entry should actually be logged in the Scheduler.log file, see the Tools ribbon tab, where you can display those entries.
This would actually indicated why the program could not be started at that time.
Also note, that the program/playlist is loaded in advance. So maybe at that time it is not available? Have you checked that option.

However, I doubt, that this is a big - as you indicate.