Newly added jingles

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
JWvanGulik
Newly added jingles

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I have a similar problem with jingles that I had with music tracks; newly added jingles are not played for a long time. Is it possible that there are settings that influence when a newly added jingle track is played? I use the "random" setting in my scripts. I remember that you mentioned once that there is a bias towards newly added tracks. Is this also true for jingles? Thx, JW.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Newly added jingles

Post by radio42 »

Depends where and how you add them.
Is your Jingle added to a Cartwall lib or to a Music Lib?
Are you using any history settings?

The bias is only true for a very certain modes, eg. LeastPlayedTimes, but not for the Random mode.

However, in general is of course the same true what I already told you about for music tracks.
Logically, there is no difference between Music tracks or Jingles.
Only the media entry type is different.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, my jingles are in a cartwall library with History set to "0" in the Cartwall Library SProperties. I excluded jingles in the Global Song History (Global Histories). Is that what you expected? BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The history is the same as for all other libs. When excluded in the global history via a media type, that must be set for all tracks; but normally you specify the SuppressHistoryCheck script-line option. This is the default even.
Other than that, Random is really random mode. No track would have a bias or is happening more often over time. Except you overrule that with additional script rules.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, question regarding the use of jingles. I have a setting in my scripts to play the cartwall jingles "sequential". Now I notice that this is not always done. Is it possible that there is another setting which is influencing the order of played cartwall jingles? To try something, I have now set the "History" of the cartwall library to "-1". Can this be the solution?

For your information, I have splitted my total music library (which was 1 folder with ~ 3500 songs) into 5 folders. So far so good. I still had occasionally a planned track not played according to the script, although the "UseLastTrackOnFinalFail" is chosen in the scripts. Just out of curiosity; what would you expect to be the history settings for such a song library with ~3500 songs and 1675 unique artists? My settings are:

- Global Song History: 300
- Extended history check on
- Artists: 165 or 660 min.

Thanks for your reply.

BRJW
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Update: History of the cartwall library set back to "0" because the whole system crashed. After several restarts and bringing the setting back to "0" the problem was solved. That was scary! BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If a system crashed there must be an entry in the ProppFrexx file called Error.log- please send this over!
Else it was not a crash caused by ProppFrexx.

Also disabling the lib history by setting its value to 0 couldn’t cause this, as it is even the default value. So the ‚crash‘ must have another root cause.