Using Find Track

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
edlondon
Using Find Track

Post by edlondon »

When searching for a track in "Find" I have immediate search results as I type set, but sometimes when I find the track I am looking for and drag it into the deck it is not the correct one, the selected track changes to another track once in deck or playlist??? I am getting this quite often. I have "rescan" media library checked at start up but that doesn't help. Any suggestions to remedy this problem is appreciated, thanks.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Using Find Track

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately I can not reproduce that here.
What type of media libraries are you using?
Folder or playlist based media libs?

And is your find result window sorted by any column?
And is the search operation already finished while you drag and drop a track?
edlondon

Post by edlondon »

What type of media libraries are you using? Folder or playlist based media libs?

I have 20 folders of music all mp3 sorted by Genre that reside on my C: drive

And is your find result window sorted by any column?
And is the search operation already finished while you drag and drop a track?

I am using the default Find Track tab and have my media libraries "Music" checked and all the folders under it checked before I initiate the search.
I start typing the song title or artist and it brings up what I have. For the most part the correct track is selected and when dragged into deck it's correct,
however, on occasion and it has become more frequent I see the track I want, select it, drag into deck or playlist and displays another track...the wrong one. I always wait till it finishes the search before I proceed and made sure Media Lib was rescanning my files and verified that on start up. I also have auto watch checked in my music folders.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Is the Find Window sorted by any column? The header of the result list will show you this.

But are also dragging the wrong track or do you believe the TAG reading is somehow showing incorrect info in your case?
However, as said, I can not reproduce that here, hence all my questions to try to reproduce it…

You can indicate, if any TAG reading (rescan will trigger this) is still in progress in the background, if the red status bar icon at the bottom left is red (busy indicator). A click on it even displays what is happening in the background.

Are you maybe using any meta data files (.pfmd)?

And have you tried to disable the ‘Rescan at Startup’ option, which is normally never needed, esp. when you use just one PC and have all you files locally.
edlondon

Post by edlondon »

There are 3 columns: track name, directory and length of track columns. I have discovered a work around to my surprise..... After I type in the search text I hit the space bar once and it seems to refresh and then all the tracks work when dragging into decks/playlist. If I don't hit the space bar I will get some messed up ones. Also when you want to search entire library this method works with first an asterisk then space. All meta tags are correct as well. I have never had to do it this way on any other playout program, this is a first.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am glad you found a solution for yourself.

By default you would have to press the Enter key to start the search. But I assume you have explicitly enabled the Immediate search, eg. the search starts with each key pressed. A space bar is as such another key which was pressed. Note, that this changed the search phrase.
The immediate search uses a simple ‚contains‘ matching. Eg. If you search for ‚onde‘ it might return also ‚Wonderful‘.

As such, can you also check, if disabling the Immediate search solves your issue?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any News?
edlondon

Post by edlondon »

I like using immediate search because I am use to it and like the fact if I don't recall the complete track/artist names it's easier and faster to find.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, with/without the Immediate Option the search is exactly the same and it is always a ‚contains‘ search.
It is just, that the search starts either when the ENTER key is hit - or autom. after some chars are typed in. Nothing else is different.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess I have found the case you have described. But as it was a rade condition, I couldn't reproduce it on my system.
However, I asume, it is now fixed in the new v4.2.7.0