New Pc

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Playout
New Pc

Post by Playout »

Hello Everyone,

my old PC is broken and i want to run my PF v.3 on my new PC. I have already installed put my Serial Number, Email into the registration form and pressed the request key button. But i didn`t received one. What i do wrong?

Kind regards
radio42
Site Admin
Re: New Pc

Post by radio42 »

As already written via email, the v3 came to its End-Of-Life many years ago. This means, that no support (including any new licenses) are provided for it. There was an 80% discount and a long grace period granted for an upgrade to the new v4.
But as said, that was many many years ago and v3 isn’t maintained anymore.
So I am afraid you must purchase a new v4.
Playout

Post by Playout »

So glad to hear that i don`t have to pruchase a new v4 when i already paid 250€ vor v3 that now not work anymore.
How does it work?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sorry, I wanted to say: So I am afraid you must purchase a new v4. (the not needs to be removed - sorry for any confusion, that was a typo on my side)

When a version came to its End-of-Life, you can still use your license on your existing computer as long as your want - but an update or upgrade as well as a transfer of the license would not be possible anymore.
Playout

Post by Playout »

Oh yes, great idea. I will buy a new License for 250€ and next year when PF V5 is comming out and my PC crash i will buy another License
for my next PC.

Is this what you mean?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When v4 came out an 80% discount for ALL existing customers have been offered to upgrade to v4 (i.e. 50 Euro) - for almost 2 years!
You rejected that offer. So you can not claim, that the upgrade is very expensive...

EoL was announced 2 years AFTER v4 came out and ALL v3 customers have been informed.
I gave everyone another 6 months grace period.
For ALL customer who purchased ProppFrexx in the last 12 month before v4 came out, a free upgrade was offered.
This means in total everyone could at least decide in a time window of 3 years.

You purchased ProppFrexx v3 almost exactly 10 years ago. And v4 came out 7 years ago.

As the registration is always hardware related (and this is and was very well known), you could have even changed to a USB registration to be independent from your PC. Yes, that stick might also break, but a backup could have been created there as well. But in the end, I cannot guarantee such a life-long registration process - and I never did that.

I wouldn't call this policy unfair, as ProppFrexx is licensed and not sold. This license policy is compared to all current and dominant yearly subscription models very fair!

And yes, once v5 comes out (which is not even planned yet, so I cannot even give you a date, but theoratically just in case), I will announce v5 at least 6 months in advance; and again offer an 80% discount to upgrade. EoL might then again be announced earliest 12 months after. Once EoL is announced you should either ensure the operations of the old version on that same PC or upgrade to v5.
This procedure is very normal and very fair and no secret at all; as with the the announcement of EoF of a version even any support (incl. a license transfer) ends.

So far ALL user migrated to v4 and there was no complaint at all. And you are up to now the only old v3 complaining.

Summary:
- you could have upgraded for Euro 50,-- (for 2 years)
- and yes, after 7 years, you now would need to purchase a new license (e.g. Professional for Euro 250,--)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You know what... I am tired of counting peas and have always been fair!

Please send my your new v3 Ident-Number and I will send you for the last time v3 keys!

Now you know the license conditions. As such, there will be NO support or license transfer anymore after.
tatje

Post by tatje »

Hi Bernd, is it also possible to convert the enterprise edition license to a usb license?, and how does this work?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is no v3 support offered anymore, so please, NO 'how' questions regarding v3 - but changing of a license was possible all the time!
Transfer of license is explained here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... php?t=2770