instant recording

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
tatje
instant recording

Post by tatje »

Hello,
a question, is it possible to have the instand recorder start and stop automatically via scheduling at certain times outside of a script or playlist.
the fact is that I have created an input channel in the main mixer (called OPNM) here a signal comes in from an output of the mixer.
I would then like to have the instant recorder record at certain times even when there is no playlist running so that I can use this recording later.

Regards, Tatje
radio42
Site Admin
Re: instant recording

Post by radio42 »

No. Instant recording is nothing to be automated.

But you can automatically start recording a mixer channel and/or use the related control-command , eg. MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON. This is like pressing the REC button of the mixer channel. I guess this is what you are looking for.

Also, see here:
https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... php?t=2555
tatje

Post by tatje »

MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON command cannot be done in a scheduling I understand, I actually wanted to program this in the scheduling so that it starts recording at eg 2 pm, so not as a script
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don’t know what you mean! Of course it can be used. See the link I posted. This even explains it.
Beside that you can even schedule a Reminder, which only executes a control-command.
So no issue at all.
tatje

Post by tatje »

you can even schedule a Reminder, which only executes a control-command

ok I think that's the solution for me.
I'm going to test this
thank you Bernd.
tatje

Post by tatje »

Hello,
if I set a recording in the programscheduler today with a reminder and the command < MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON OPNM|P:\Replays\Menting\Menting > it executes well. but when i set it the next day nothing happens.
am I doing something wrong ?
Regards, Tatje
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Probably.

First, you should specify the recording filename, which also includes the path; and which matches your encoder, e.g. when using MP3 that would be, e.g.:

Code: Select all

MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON OPNM|P:\Replays\Menting\Menting.mp3
so add the filename (you can use macros: Menting${MM}${dd}.mp3).

But else here current or future dated reminders are working as expected, i.e. future dated Reminders work like a charm.
Did you remove the recurrence (or how have you set it?) from the Reminder Alert? Or how did you create the reminder, please send the two screenshots:
definition of the configuration as well as the recurrence.

Did you also specify a MIXER_INPUT_REC_OFF reminder as a command?

Why don't you use program schedule entry related events, e.g. 'On Program Started', 'On Program Started' resp. 'On Program Stopped'.
Note, that a MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON command automatically starts a new recording and ends any previous recording. But any MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON command records almost unlimited, until a MIXER_INPUT_REC_OFF command is send.
E.g. when you have subsequent programs, there is no need to send MIXER_INPUT_REC_OFF; but only for the last program you should submit this.

But as I don't know what any how you want to record something, I am only guessing.
tatje

Post by tatje »

the intention is to use the input signal from the mixer called OPNM to use it to record a recording every week, using a reminder in the program scheduler.
this recording must then be saved in (P:\Replays\Menting\) as wav.
so far as I use this plan as a test today, it also works well, but when I finally start planning it weekly, it does nothing.
I took some screenshots of the planning.

sorry in the start recording there is an error in the parameter this should be MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON OPNM|P:\Replays\Menting\Menting.wav
Attachments
stop recording
stop recording
start recording
start recording
recourence
recourence
Last edited by tatje on 21 Jan 2022 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
tatje

Post by tatje »

recourence recording.png
pf recording.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The reminders look good.

But it seems, that your _REC_ON command contains 3 parameters, but it should only contain 2!
So please remove the "|PNM" from the command, e.g. it should only be:

Code: Select all

MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON OPNM|P:\Replays\Menting\Menting.wav