Send color carttwall and last 5 sec over midi, HOW

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
djdeeno
Send color carttwall and last 5 sec over midi, HOW

Post by djdeeno »

Hi, I had a question about the setting in particular sending midi short message for the cartwall. Now I have made a USB/MIDI jingle player with push buttons and digital LEDs and it all works fine, I can post the construction photos here soon. Now the question, can you make a command in Proppfrexx for when you give a cartplayer a different color? how does he send a midi message, is there an example of that? and when the last 5 seconds of playing jingle has been reached, what command do you set to send this as a midi message, does anyone have an example of this? I would be greatly helped. Starting and stopping jingles is working fine with the hardware player. Thank you very much. Grt from Holland
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Send color carttwall and last 5 sec over midi, HOW

Post by radio42 »

This depends on your hardware, as there is no standard defined in MIDI, so the vendor of your MIDI device will tell you for sure.
But here is an example:
https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... hp?p=13413

The cartwall macros can be found in the appendix of the user manual, eg. they start with ${cw1… or ${cart…
But I am afraid, there is no event to determine the remaining time of a cartwall, as this doesn’t make much sense for cartwalls, as they anyhow only typically contain short track.
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

Oke, than i have one other question, what is the trigger or wich event can i use when a song is on the end, in propfrexx we see deck A or Deck 2 or blinking for the last 10 seconds, is there also a trigger or event? I can blink a other led here when the song/track is on the end.

Maybe that also for a cartwall jingle? any tigger for that?

Thanks a lot
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, I am afraid, that there is no such event/trigger available in ProppFrexx.
The question would also be, what kind of event you expect - just an event which fires, when a player is at its end.
Or something more complex to emulate such blinking?, i.e. also events to turn lights off again? In that case, I guess this is far to complex at the moment...