Slot Overlays Are not Assigned

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
marinohb
Slot Overlays Are not Assigned

Post by marinohb »

Hello,

I'm getting the same problem always, the overlays that I created are not appearing in the Advert & News Management. The Overlay Scheduler Path is well assigned, and I don't see clearly what's the problem, this situation is only causing me stress :|

I created two overlays (7:20am and 7:40am), one with reference ADBLOCK1 and another one ADBLOCK2, and they don't appear in the right column "Slot Management" and when I try to assign them to a campaign the information is not saved as you can see in Assigned Slots.

I am having problems with clients because of this situation.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Slot Overlays Are not Assigned

Post by radio42 »

Overlays do not appear in the Slot Management column at all, as overlays and slots are different things.
So I guess there is a misunderstanding of the general concept. Take a look to the Tutorial videos to get a better overview. Overlays only appear in the Overlay Scheduler.

In general you first create a slot (which is nothing than a placeholder/cover) for the assignments.
You then create an overlay and actually exactly play that slot. Ie. tell the overlay which slot to use for that overlay.

When you now then create a campaign, you can assign two things to a campaign:
A) a slot (so all overlays having that slot) will play that campaign
B) an overlay instance (only that instance plays that campaign)

The reference number you are talking about is only needed when you link external scheduler logs.