Problem Log Importer

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
marinohb
Problem Log Importer

Post by marinohb »

Hello,

I am configuring Powergold Export and ProppFrexx Log Importer using PowerGold II preset, the import seems to work because it is identifying all the filenames but ProppFrexx does not split the log by hours using TimeUpdateandHour.

Here it is the proppfrexx.importformats file and the export file from Powergold, I think there's a mismatch that I am not seeing.
https://mega.nz/folder/IOcV3AYa#VHk4zV007H7kwscAwe5ZRQ

marinohb
Re: Problem Log Importer

Post by marinohb »

Any help?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sorry for the late reply, but I did oversee you post (as it was in the unmoderated part of the forum).

However, your log-file does not fit your imports definition resp. the import format definition doesn't match your log file.
E.g. note, that the fields start position start with 0.´and not with 1 and the length also seems incorrect.
Examples:
You specified:

Code: Select all

<field name="Title" start="0" length="50" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
<field name="Artist" start="50" length="50" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
<field name="StartDateTime" start="157" length="14" align="left" pad=" " format="DateTime:yyMMddHH:mm:ss">${X}</field>
But it must actually be:

<field name="Title" start="0" length="49" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
<field name="Artist" start="49" length="49" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
<field name="StartDateTime" start="155" length="14" align="left" pad=" " format="DateTime:yyMMddHH:mm:ss">${X}</field>
These are just examples, but actually all field start positions and length have to be adjusted/validated.

I guess this will also solve the splitting...
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

Hello

All length were adjusted in the proppFrexx.importsformats as following and the splitting by hours function is not working.

<field name="Title" start="0" length="49" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="Artist" start="50" length="49" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="Machine" start="99" length="2" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="Magazine" start="101" length="1" align="left" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="Slot" start="102" length="3" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="Misc" start="105" length="32" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="CDNum" start="137" length="4" align="left" pad="0" format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="CDTrack" start="141" length="2" align="left" pad="0" format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="RunTime" start="143" length="5" align="left" pad="0" format="TimeSpan:MM:SS">${X}</field>
      <field name="RunTimeSec" start="148" length="4" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="IntroSec" start="152" length="2" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="EndingStyle" start="154" length="1" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="DayOfWeek" start="155" length="1" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="StartDateTime" start="156" length="14" align="left" pad=" " format="DateTime:yyMMddHH:mm:ss">${X}</field>
<field name="EventType" start="170" length="3" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
<field name="CueType" start="173" length="1" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
<field name="FilePath" start="174" length="200" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>

Find attached the new asc file : https://mega.nz/file/MHdwkLQB#a8oV69RUP ... J4KJmZqoeY
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is the correct formats definition for your .asc file:

<fields>
      <field name="Artist" start="49" length="49" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="Machine" start="98" length="2" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="Magazine" start="100" length="1" align="left" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="Slot" start="101" length="3" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="Misc" start="104" length="32" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="CDNum" start="136" length="4" align="left" pad="0" format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="CDTrack" start="140" length="2" align="left" pad="0" format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="RunTime" start="142" length="5" align="left" pad="0" format="TimeSpan:MM:SS">${X}</field>
      <field name="RunTimeSec" start="147" length="4" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="IntroSec" start="151" length="2" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="EndingStyle" start="153" length="1" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
      <field name="DayOfWeek" start="154" length="1" align="right" pad="0" format="int">${X}</field>
      <field name="StartDateTime" start="155" length="14" align="left" pad=" " format="DateTime:yyMMddHH:mm:ss">${X}</field>
	<field name="EventType" start="169" length="3" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
	<field name="CueType" start="172" length="1" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
	<field name="FilePath" start="173" length="200" align="left" pad=" " format="String">${X}</field>
    </fields>
And then it works, I just tested it...
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

Format adjusted in the .asc and importformats file, the splitting is working partially (skipping every three hours) and the files are not being identified by filename.

radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Seems, that all your filenames could not be resolved as audio files?! Eg. the path in the log file is not accessible (E:\…)?
This also leads to the fact, that every is seen as a Document Entry with a zero (00:00) length.

So please check your file path and location.

And...
you probably imported a different log file with different/wrong data. I just imported the log file you provided above and that perfectly worked (obviously the duration of each entry is still 00:00, a it couldn't resolve the correct audio files, but the hour splitting worked like a charm):
Screenshot 2022-06-29 220904.png
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

Could you send me your .import file?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I have already send the format above. What else do you need? The rest is the default, as provided with the standard Powergold import entry.

And it is not import format related.
I assume, it is your log file. Not, that I used your provided …26 file; and in your latest test you used a newer …28 file.

Maybe you can provide one newer test log file and I run the import and show you the result, and you can then compare it with yours…
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

Solved,

Is there a way to import automatically the logs every time a new day is available in a specific folder?
Last edited by marinohb on 03 Jul 2022 21:29, edited 1 time in total.