Adlink support

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
JurgenB
Adlink support

Post by JurgenB »

Why is the industry standard GPIO card from Adlink (7250) not supported? Would this be implemented in future versions? At this moment this is holding me back from switching from my old Dalet 5.1 to proppfrexx.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Adlink support

Post by radio42 »

Funny question, but "the industry standard GPIO card" is not even sold anymore and its driver doesn't seem to support Win10/11?

Regardless, ProppFrexx does support the Velleman and IO-Warrior cards for contact-closure GPIOs - so far no one asked for support of the Adlink cards.

I doubt, that I will support cards, which are not even being sold anymore in the future.
Switching to another card is rather cheap, and might be a good option for you?!
JurgenB

Post by JurgenB »

Are you sure about that? I am running an lpci-e 7250 on win 10 to interface with my studer ONAIR 3000 series. They are still being sold for sure and even the older pci 7250 in my dalet system has win10 drivers. Downgrading to something like velleman doesn't feel right for me but thank you for the answer. Maybe I can put a livewire card in my studer core or upgrade to Ember+ option
https://www.adlinktech.com/en/Data_Acqu ... igital_I_O
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just looked to their web-site and in the driver section it says Windows Vista? But as said, I never used them, nor did so far any customer asked for...
But yes, Livewire or Ember+ is a very good option as well.
JurgenB

Post by JurgenB »

I just checked and there are drivers for win 10 on the website, you do need to have an account to download them. All operating systems are supported by the MAPS core application (used to be pcis dask) Even the old PCI cards are still supported. The cards became very popular at national broadcast facilities due to the dalet automation system. But ok, Ember license for Studer would cost me around 2000euro's and for my homestudio I find this a little too much. I will look further into other options to replace my home dalet. Thank you for your time.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then the Velleman or IO-Wareior card are a better option for just 50-100,— Euro.