Native AES67 support

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Moduu
Native AES67 support

Post by Moduu »

Hello!

Would it be possible to implement a native AES67 support for PF? It is a bit tricky to get any AES67 capable virtual sound card software for Windows. Lawo isn't very helpful towards small instances and Merging basically requires you to acquire their very expensive interface box that unlocks the "free" virtual soundcard software.

Hans van Zutphen did a very basic AES67 support in Stereo Tool, so I don't think it's impossible!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Native AES67 support

Post by radio42 »

It might not be impossible, but audio wise, ProppFrexx uses the BASS audio engine. And this does support and native sound card and driver, which is offers a WDM, WASAPI or ASIO driver.
But there is no native AES67 support.
But there are other audio over IP (AES67) solutions, eg. free virtual soundcards from Livewire, Ravenna…

I assume, that this has a good reason. In the end, it sounds to me, that you are asking me to offer a ‚cheap’ solution. As you don’t want to pay Lawo?
As such, I am afraid, that I can not offer native AES67 support myself.
Moduu

Post by Moduu »

Yes, it would be a cheap option... Lawo does not even respond to my inquiries about the price, so actually I dont know how much it costs :D

I guess I need to ask Axia about the Livewire then!
sophiaabigail

Post by sophiaabigail »

AES67 is a technical standard for audio over IP and audio over Ethernet (AoE) interoperability. The standard was developed by the Audio Engineering Society ...AES67 is a technical standard for audio over IP and audio over Ethernet (AoE) interoperability. The standard was developed by the Audio Engineering Society ...AES67 is an audio over IP standard compatible with Dante. Glensound Dante devices support AES67 mode which allows the device to work with different audio IP standards on the same network. A Dante device can support any mix of Dante and AES67 flows up to the maximum supported on the device.Dante Domain Manager, commonly referred to as DDM, is a network management software offering available from Audinate. DDM allows authentication, security, supervision, audit and reporting capabilities for DDM Ready Dante endpoints within a Dante Domain.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I removed your link. But thanks for the info.
As already said, AES67 is nothing ProppFrexx will and should natively support, it is something a networked sound card will support.