downmix bug

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
fjb59
downmix bug

Post by fjb59 »

i select dome tracks to downmix. click,selection->downmix then select my outputencoding options then realise i missed a track so i cancel and reselect the tracks i need. then i try to downmix, but the programm says i can't as a downmix is in progress, only it isn't. i cancelled it.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: downmix bug

Post by radio42 »

What are ‚dome‘ tracks?
When I try what you describe, I cannot reproduce what you are saying, as here, the downmix works as expected.

But when a downmix is still in progress, it first needs to finish.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 06 Aug 2022 23:33 What are ‚dome‘ tracks?

When I try what you describe, I cannot reproduce what you are saying, as here, the downmix works as expected.

But when a downmix is still in progress, it first needs to finish.
it's "some". i have cold.
it caan't finish it doesn't start. make sure one of the tracks is a none audio trck such as a placeholder. then when it complains, cancel it, deselect the placeholder and try again.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe I did not understand your issue correctly.
Is the downmix not working for you, when you select multiple tracks including at least one non-audio entry? If yes, what target encoding did you select?

Or is the cancellation not working as you expect it? If yes, how do you exactly cancel the downmix and what exactly do you expect?
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 08:04 Maybe I did not understand your issue correctly.
Is the downmix not working for you, when you select multiple tracks including at least one non-audio entry? If yes, what target encoding did you select?

Or is the cancellation not working as you expect it? If yes, how do you exactly cancel the downmix and what exactly do you expect?
when i select a series of audio tracks then downmix, it works fine. sometimes i accidentally include a placeholder. when i try to downmix it, the software says that there is a non audio element in there and if gives me the option to continute or cancel. so i cancel, then select the audio tracks again, this time without the placeholder. i try to downmix again and now it tell me i can't downmix as there is one in progress, but there isn't. I cancelled it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I will try to reproduce and if there is a bug, I will of course fix that with the next release… so give me some time to investigate.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 10:53 I will try to reproduce and if there is a bug, I will of course fix that with the next release… so give me some time to investigate.
no worries but remember to make sure you select a placeholder or other none audio object. it will warn you. i noticed if i click ok it doesn't do anything but if i click cancel, it cncels but for some reason thinks it's producing a downmmix even though it isn't. proably a mataphor or lockfile somewhere
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I found the issue! It will be fixed soon in the next version!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The issue should now be fixed in v4.3.2.0!

Plus, in this version the downmix will now honor contained Fixed TUS.
I.e. when a fixed time update sync is contained in your selection, the previous playable entry will be truncated to match the given fixed time update sync.