allowing duplicate artist tags in ccertain media libraries but not others. is it possible

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
fjb59
allowing duplicate artist tags in ccertain media libraries but not others. is it possible

Post by fjb59 »

i have many media libaries with various artists, genres. i have profrexx setup so that as a rule it does not allow duplicate artists within 30 tracks, i can't guarantee a show will have 30 tracks. some do, some don't. however one media librry called intros has several tracks all by the same artist. they play once at the beginning of the show. a different track every week but by the same artist. i have nine of these in total. A simple solution would be to slightly change the artist metatag on each track but copyright issues prevent that. so is there any way to tell profrexx to ignore the artist on this library alone or at least reset the artist count on this library on each scheduled tracklist but only on the artist?

If that makes any sense.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: allowing duplicate artist tags in ccertain media libraries but not others. is it possible

Post by radio42 »

The easiest way is to set the Media Entry Type for those tracks. When using a Media Library you can also set a default Media Type for all tracks not having one set yet.
In the general settings you can then simply exclude those entry types from the check:
Exclude Global History.png
fjb59
Re: allowing duplicate artist tags in ccertain media libraries but not others. is it possible

Post by fjb59 »

yeah i saw that but the issue is i don't want it to be excuded completely from the check, just the artist check as i don't want the same intro to play two shows in a row. i tried setting it to squential rather than random but then it didn't appear at all. I'm not sure why.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There no option to only exclude the Artist check.

When you use the LeastRecentlyPlayed mode this ensures it as well - as your n that case the least played tracks are not used as well.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 13 Oct 2022 20:36 There no option to only exclude the Artist check.

When you use the LeastRecentlyPlayed mode this ensures it as well - as your n that case the least played tracks are not used as well.
there's a leastrecently played? that would certainly help. i didn't see that option
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

sorted. thanks for the quick response.