Question about remote OnAir viewer

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Question about remote OnAir viewer

Post by radio42 »

Why do you want to get the current track of the remote instance? As this is already shown in the Remote Viewer.

However, there is currently no command to ‘show’ a remote macro value in a local Remote Viewer instance. Like for example explained here: viewtopic.php?p=17240#p17240

So please explain, that command or macro you are effectively missing in the Remote Viewer and what use case you actually want to cover.
However, if you need to code your own interface, follow the link above I posted (no need to use the /ProppFrexxRemoteService at the end! And no spaces between the parameters, and the CRLFs are missing, see my post above for samples).

And note, that there is no need to call EXEC_SEND_TCP for the remote connection, as this is already handled by the connection itself. Ie. just directly call the command you want to execute on the remote instance.

But as said, there is no way with that given interface in your screenshot to retrieve a remote macro value and display it locally.
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

Okay thank you for your answer.

Here at home I work with Remote Viewer soI can see exactly when my program starts, a kind of counter appears and so I know exactly when my live broadcast show starts and so I know when I can start a track or jingle, that all works fine.

But I want to automate this process, so I'm looking for a trigger, a signal, or data to which I can attach a script or command(thats for later).
The Remote viewer has this data, now I'm looking for a way to do something with this data, so I need this data.
How do i get this data? It is in my Windows pc because remote viewer shows me.

I'm pretty good at making software or scripts to start something automatically! But for that I must have a trigger or data or a pulse that says the transmission starts, the broadcast is beginnung. If I have that then I can make a program myself that will start something or that a studio lamp will light up.

I hope do you understand what I try to mean.

With current number I mean to understand how this system works, but I understand that you can't attach commands with remoteviewer? Would like to understand

Thanks allot
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It sounds you need to ‘listen’ to a PC1 (remote PC), eg. the Timecode of it, and then implement some own logic, which then triggers the execution of a control-command on a PC2.

As such, you need two TCP socket connections- as explained above. But I repeat this here:
First note, that you must enable the TCP Control within ProppFrexx.
You can do this in the general settings dialog in the section 'GPIO/Remoting' within the 'TCP Device' group.
Select a port number, and authorization password and make sure the 'TCP Control Enabled' checkbox is checked.

Now you can send TCP messages to this ProppFrexx instance (identified by the hostname or IP address of your machine and the specified port number) - this in order to remotely control ProppFrexx.

The 'TCP messages' are actually text strings (in UTF-8 form) and consist of the same control-commands as already explained.
a) You must (as the first command) send the "AUTHORIZATION" command using the password of the remote client
b) each command must be terminated by a double CRLF (\r\n)
Example:
AUTHORIZATION <password>

SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW Online|You are now online!

Note, that each individual command is separated by a double CRLF (\r\n). If you need to combine multiple commands in a block, just use a single CRLF (\r\n).

To retrieve a macro value, you can use the PING command.
Example:
PING ${cpltracknamecurrent}

This command will return the macro value of the connected instance. Other macros are explained in the appendix of the user manual.
In your program you can as such every to ofter PING the one PC to monitor eg. the time or state and when a certain logic is evaluated, you can send a command to the 2nd connected instance.

Use eg. putty tool in mode Raw to establish a connection using the host name/IP and the configured Port:
putty.png
AS you can see, each command is terminated by two times CRLF.
I hope this helps...
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

Yeah Thanks a lo, this is what i looking for, thanks!!!
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

Yeah Thanks a lo, this is what i looking for, thanks!!!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new version 4.3.3.0-beta is out - which adds a macro function to retrieve remote macro values!
To update use "Check for Beta-Versions..."