GPOI issue

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
jbmusic
GPOI issue

Post by jbmusic »

Dear fora members

We have Some issues concerning the GPOI.
When we have started proppfrexx we notices sometimes that the GPOI is not working so the fader start and cart wall commands are not working on our airence mixer.
I have to shutdown the GPOI and do a restart to solve this issue.

What could be the cause of this issue ?
Latest PF version, windows 10 on HP 420 workstation

I hope you can help me out on this issue
radio42
Site Admin
Re: GPOI issue

Post by radio42 »

This is typically due to a bad connection to the D&R Mixer, e.g. a bad or too long USB cable or a connection via a USB hub?
Hard to say from here - but these are just my experiences from other users - it might be something different in your case.
Or do you experience a loss of the connection purely in the GPIO Client to ProppFrexx ONAIR, e.g. is the main 'conection' switch of the GPIO client in the main screen on top switching constantly from 'Connected' to 'Disconnected'?
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Dear Bern, sorry but the situation repeats again. We rebuild our studio and replaced the usb kabel. For a long time it worked fine but now we have already 2 times within 3 days that the faders / cart walls not works with de airence. When in manual close the GPOI (right mouse click and close GPOI) and restart the GPOI from the start menu it works again. What could cause this issue ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am afraid, that I might be the wrong one to ask.
ProppFrexx is ‚just‘ software and can not behave like this. If it would be a software issue, the quality can not slowly decrease and get worse over time.
Have you already asked/consulted D&R for help and support - as the GPIO client is using the interface DLL provided by D&R - so there is no ‚own‘ logic involved.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

my experience with D&R (Airlite) and Windows (10)
- disable power management of all USB controllers (via device manager)
- use original USB cable or equivalent quality (I use the 2 meter long UDG Ultimate Audio Cable USB 2.0 A-B Blue Straight 2m (U95002LB) without any problem
- do not restart the computer with D&R connected, but turn off the computer and then turn it on again.
- windows update: turn off the computer first, disconnect D&R and then update windows.
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Hi!

Thanks for your comments! Unfortunate we are working with volounteers which I cannot ask to follow this workaround.
The issue on our side is not a consistent problemen. We see when the connection is lost, stil on the monitor from the GPOI commands but they are not executed in PF.
I already spoke with D&R and also for them it’ll strange. I have a new call appointment to discuss with the senior engineer to see if they can help me !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Well, if you see incoming messages from D&R in the GPIO client, but no commands being executed in ProppFrexx, there must be a different issue.

Please enable the Debug-Logging in the GPIO client and send me the created log file (from the GPIO client AppDataUser folder). Maybe your command is invalid or the connection between the GPIO Client and ProppFrexx got lost?
If you need help there, I can offer payed support, eg. via TeamViewer or AnyDesk. Pls contact me directly in this case.
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Hi Bernd

Thanks for your reply … i have switched in the debug option for PF and GPOI … i keep you posted
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

THX!
Make sure, that the .log files don’t get too big and record the time, when the connection lost roughly happens, so I can better find the case in the log files…