Problem with Scheduler

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
marinohb
Problem with Scheduler

Post by marinohb »

Hello,

I'm installing Proppfrexxagain in a new PC, I'm experiencing a weird problem: I'm importing a PowerGold II (.asc) scheduler file and all entries seems validated with the checkmark.

But when I click the "Run Scheduler" button the playlist is empty and nothing is being played, but when I browse in "Upcoming programs" and open a playlist at any hour, all entries, songs and sweepers are there.

What can be the problem?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Problem with Scheduler

Post by radio42 »

Sounds like you manually import external log files?!
And please provide a screenshot to see how it looks like, as the checkmarks are for the first step reading the input… and doesn’t necessarily mean, that everything is okay.

So please check the resulting ProppFrexx playlist files (.pfp) - do they contain all entries and look okay? Ie. can the audio files be referenced? Maybe your drive of file paths have changed on your new machine, so that the import looks okay, but the files cannot be played/referenced?
You can even open them, to validate their content.
Have you done this? How do they look like?
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

1. Yes, I'm importing manually the external log files.
2. See attached the screenshots.
3. All entries look okay in the .pfp file and the tracks can all of them can be played. The only error that I see is that Proppfrexxis not recognizing some media types defined in the external music scheduler and assign them as MUS automatically.

Music Scheduler File : https://easyupload.io/8d0756
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately the images are so small (except the first one), that I can hardly see any detail.
So, that you need to check is, if the generated Program Scheduler entries do reference the generated .pfp playlists correctly.

E.g. when you open the Program Scheduler, you can right-click on one of the imported/generated entries and select 'Open Playlist Template...'.
This will actually open the related imported/generated playlist file. Did you do this?

Else, please provide your Program Scheduler .calendar file as well as your generated .pfp playlist files and check yourself, if the .pfp playlist files do reside in the correct drive and folder, as specified by the scheduler entry (resp. its used script)! I.e. also provide the script .pfs file, which is being used/executed by the mentioned program scheduler entries.
(to me it might look, as if your program scheduler uses a script, which reference or can not load the .pfp file, e.g. because it uses a wrong drive or path)