overlaying an ambient music track over a voice track

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
fjb59
overlaying an ambient music track over a voice track

Post by fjb59 »

is it possible to overlay a ambient music track so it playes along with a prerecdorded voice track, without the need to push it around with segue editor.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: overlaying an ambient music track over a voice track

Post by radio42 »

Not sure, what you mean, but you can do this during your VoiceTracking. And. What do you mean by pushing around?
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 15 Nov 2022 18:27 Not sure, what you mean, but you can do this during your VoiceTracking. And. What do you mean by pushing around?
having it as a seperate track but being mixed with the voicetrack like multitrack
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess this is currently not possible (as far as I understand you), as you would like to actually insert 2 tracks during VoiceTracking:
- the VT recorded track
- the soundbed
Do you want to keep them both as separate tracks in the playlist?

But what you can do is to specify a Soundbed to your prerecorded voice track. Simply select it in the playlist, right-click and select Track-Settings -> Track Control-Command-Events... (you can also directly do this inside the Voice Tracking from the TAG edit dialog):
TrackControlCommandEvents.jpg
Here you can simply select a Soundbed Track and its attenuation (what you call the ambient music track). Once defined it is attached to the prerecorded voice track, i.e. it travels with it - which is an advantage instead of having 2 separate tracks.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

ok i'll give that a go.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

yeah. that's the one. it does it nicely too. thank you.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In v4.3.3.6, you can now hold down the CTRL-key while pressing the REC in the invoice tracking dialog to automatically apply and use a soundbed.

In that case the following is used (when you hold down the CTRL-key and press the REC button):
a) when no VT cartwall cart is selected, the soundbed as defined for the TrackUser action is used
b) when a VT cartwall cart is selected, that cart is used as a soundbed