Question about licence

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
GuntherM
Question about licence

Post by GuntherM »

Hi Bernd,
a month ago my friend (Oswald) had to ask for new keys for his ProppFrexx Pro, because he had troubles with the computer he used.
Seems the hardware was so corrupt, that I build him a new system, so he has to email you again for new keys, unfortunately.
My question is, if you send his keys to him, how long stays these active? Because I have a busy schedule, we have to make an appointment, for configuring and bring n the keys to get things working, also the Velleman faderstart has to be reactivated. But I will help him with that. I have all the necessary backups for that. So how long stay the keys active? That's my question, thanks in advance.

With kind regards
Gunther Mampaey
GMTechSolutions.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Question about licence

Post by radio42 »

Hi Gunther,
the transfer of a license is explained here: viewtopic.php?t=2770

However, the old license (with the old Ident-Number) is deactivated at that moment and the new license keys (based on the new Ident-Number) is activated. This also happens in the same moment. The keys stay active forever of course - otherwise you couldn't use them - unless the Ident-Number changes.
Not sure, if I understand your question correctly?
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

Hi Bernd,
of course, my question was about the ident number, so he can ask for a new ident number in advance.
And a few days later we can reactivate ProppFrexx, when I have a spare moment in time, that's very good news.
Thank you very much.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, as described in the post: the Ident-Number is generated out of the hardware and the computer-name.
So I do not generate it, but the PC itself.
Once you install ProppFrexx on the target PC, you get the Ident-Number displayed in the machine.
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

radio42 wrote: 16 Nov 2022 20:06 No, as described in the post: the Ident-Number is generated out of the hardware and the computer-name.
So I do not generate it, but the PC itself.
Once you install ProppFrexx on the target PC, you get the Ident-Number displayed in the machine.
Ow, ok, I get it now. So next week we are gonna install ProppFrexx on the new system.
Once the procedure is fully done, we are going to clone the systemdrive, so we always can switch the M2 SSD with everything on it and activated. That system is only used for playout purpose. Thanks for making things clear.