If Load Track with macro fails, loading random track from specified folder

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
marvex
Re: If Load Track with macro fails, loading random track from specified folder

Post by marvex »

For some reason the script A and script B is not working correctly. Sometimes it still cannot find the todays show, and will take something else from script B. You have been writing here about "Load Folder", but I am using term in "Mode" -> Sequental, and I am using librarys for specific talkshows with years.

Seondly, if it would work correctly is there a possiblity to add "month" option to script B to filter field. I know that recently you added "file name" option, but it doesn't resolve my month problem. I can choose from the beginning or end, but our files are named yyMMdd.
For example - If there is no original file, and it will take the file with randomly, is there an option, that the talkshow would be from the same season, I mean for example from winter time, summer time etc. For example the current month +/- 1 month from today, so it would not occur that during summertime there is a show on air from winter (there is usually some smalltalk in the show about current weather).
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 22.27.51.png
radio42
Site Admin
Re: If Load Track with macro fails, loading random track from specified folder

Post by radio42 »

If your script-B is not working, it sounds like the macros are not resolved/written correctly - or the denoted path&filename is indeed no holding a related file. You can check this with the Test function, as this is pretty well working, as I tested it exactly in your setup.

To the 2nd question: You can actually define a Filter in the Filter column, e.g. here you can use any meta data field in order to implement this. Note, that you can use regular macros within your filter expressions.