Prevent VoiceTracking on non-existing playlists.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Maartenvn
Prevent VoiceTracking on non-existing playlists.

Post by Maartenvn »

Hi Bernd,

We have a script that loads in a *.pfp playlist every hour. We are using an external log program and import those logs using the ProppFrexx Auto importer. The problem is that we only generate playlists once a week, so there may be future entries that are non existing. At the end of the script there is a loop-line to add songs, in case something went wrong and the scheduled songs are not enough to fill the hour.

When a VoiceTracker requests a playlist in the future, which does not have any playlist imported/generated yet, the random fill songs are used to generate a playlist file. We don't want this, as it causes issues with some of our services and makes the playlist contain songs that should not be in rotation.

Is there a way to modify the script or the program to prevent VoiceTrackers from generating a playlist template when the playlist in the first script-line does not exist?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Prevent VoiceTracking on non-existing playlists.

Post by radio42 »

Hi,

can you explain your workflow in a little more detail? And are we talking about Voice-Tracking or Remote-Voice-Tracking?

Let me explain, why I am asking...

For Voice-Tracking:
Normally, when you import an external log file, a new Program Scheduler entry is created (which might replace any existing entry), as well as the related .pfp playlist is created as well.
As such, if you want to do a local Voice-Tracking, you do this from the Program Scheduler entry, i.e. you do a right-click and select 'Open Playlist Template...'.
At this point you actually and visually see, if an import from an external log already happened or not. In addition your default script entry (for all so far not imported log file program entries) might not even contain a 'LoadPlaylist' script-line. In which case you even get an error when you select 'Open Playlist Template...'.
Program Scheduler Entry before Import.jpg
Program Scheduler Entry before Import.jpg (6.88 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Program Scheduler Entry after Import.jpg
OpenPlaylistTemplate no LoadPlaylist.jpg

For Remote-Voice-Tracking:
In this case (as remotely you can not see the above mentioned difference) your might use the Program Option 'AllowRemoteVoiceTracking'.
I.e. normally (for all so far not imported log file program entries) you should NOT set the 'AllowRemoteVoiceTracking' option for the related program scheduler entry. In this case (without the option set), you can not perform any Remote-Voice-Tracking.
But when you import the external log file and a new program scheduler entry is created, which overwrites the existing one, you can specify in the .importformats with this new 'ProgramOptions'.

Code: Select all

<option name="ProgramOptions" value="AllowRemoteVoiceTracking" />

Else...
But maybe, in your workflow, you only generate new playlists with the log import (i.e. you have pre-generated a recurring program entry)? In this case, you might need to manually switch the AllowRemoteVoiceTracking option flag after the import, as else, there is currently no automatic flag to suppress remote-voice-tracking for those program entries.
Or you tell your DJs to not do any remote-voice-tracking more than one weeks in advance.